"Okay, so we most not use the sonic," he repeated, standing back up. 

"We?" She asked him with a playful smirk. "So I'm getting a sonic sometime soon, huh?" The Doctor froze and closed his eyes in realisation of what he'd said. "You know, I thought it'd be hard for me to keep up with the past and conceal the future from you, but you seem to be having more trouble with it than I am." 

He turned around, his eyebrows raised and a smirk on his face. 

"Cocky, are we?" he told her. "You'll see, it only get's harder to keep track of things," he told her, sending a subtle glance towards her forearm where her bracelet laid. 

"Well, luck you. You have a bracelet to look at every time I appear. How do I keep track?" 

The Doctor leaned against the door and crossed his arms in thought. "I'd never thought about that... my face? Whoever it is I'm traveling with? I'm sure you'll figure it out sometime." He reassured her. "Now, I need to go get some things since I can't use the sonic."

"Non technological technology," Nina realised excitedly, standing up from the bed. 

"Nah, ah, ah," he raised a finger, walking to her and pulling her back onto the bed. "You told me you had to rest, so that's what you're gonna be doing tonight." Nina pouted, but sat back on the bed. "Don't pout at me, because I'm gonna end up giving in and we both know you actually need the rest."

"Fine," Nina sighed, throwing her head back into the pillows. "Will you be gone long?" She asked shyly, not daring to meet his eyes. The Doctor walked up to her and sat by her side, taking her hand in his. 

"I'll be back before you know it," he said, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead and running his hand through her long hair. "I promise." He exited their room and closed the door behind him, leaving her all alone. She tried to fall asleep but couldn't. She ended up spending the majority of the night with her eyes closed, pretending to be asleep, while the Doctor worked silently on his invention.

She managed to get a few hours of sleep when the sun was already coming up, although it couldn't have been more than two and a half. 

"Good morning, sunshine," she heard a soft voice speak from beside her. She turned around and saw the Doctor sitting on the ground working on screwing a screw onto his... thing. 

"Woah," she squinted at the lights coming in through the blinds. "You've made some progress," she noticed, seeing the foreign object he had sculpted next to their bed. She groaned and stretched herself out on the bed before sitting up. She turned back to him only to notice him smiling fondly at her. But then he noticed the dark circles under her eyes and his smile faded into a worried look. 

"Did you sleep at all?" He questioned. Nina shrugged. 

"A bit," she admitted, though it felt like she hadn't slept at all. "Did you work all night?" He nodded.

"I'd forgotten how long a night on Earth was, since I always skip them," he told her, standing up from his spot on the ground. "Craig left us some towels so we can take a shower, do you mind if I go first?" She shook her head.

The Doctor grabbed a towel and walked to Nina, leaving a gentle kiss on her forehead and immediately leaving the room. Nina couldn't help but blush once more, getting tired of doing so, before letting herself fall back onto the bed.