Chapter Eleven

"It's looking good," Draco told Mr. Thompson as he put his shirt back on. "I believe it's healing better than anyone could have expected but I'd like you to go see Janey Talley on your way home, just to make sure she's seeing the same improvement."

"I will. I appreciate the help, Malfoy. When Potter told me how grave the situation was, I knew I was going to have to put my anger aside, and I'm glad I did. You're a good Healer."

"Well, thank you. I appreciate your trust. Don't forget to see Dr. Talley on your way home," he advised and Thompson nodded at him. He opened the door and showed him the way out. He saw Kingsley walking towards them and he stepped back, allowing him to come into his office. "Good morning, Minister."

"Good morning, Draco. I was hoping that I could have a quick word with you."

"Certainly. What can I help you with?"

"I've come to tell you that I've been able to secure a meeting with your parents." The blood rushed from his face and he felt light-headed.

"You have? Will it be soon?"

"Tomorrow morning. I know it's last minute, but the authorization just came across my desk. I'm sorry it couldn't have been sooner; it slipped my mind. Harry came to my office the other day while you were out sick and he asked me about getting you in to see them." Draco's breath caught in his throat. Harry had done this for him?

"Tomorrow will be fine," he breathed out. His hands started shaking and he clenched his fists to keep them still.

"Alright. I'll be able to apparate with you there around seven tomorrow. I'm going to have an Auror accompany us, probably Harry since he's the one who made this possible, if that's okay with you."

"Yes sir," he said quietly. Kingsley left the room with a cursory nod and Draco sat back in his seat, his mind swimming with too many thoughts.

Early the next morning, after very little sleep, Draco dressed in a suit and tie and made his way to the Ministry. He touched his hand to his hair as he walked up to Kingsley's office. At the cracked door, he could hear Harry and Kingsley speaking. He smiled to himself, straightened his tie and knocked on the door. He pushed it open and stepped in, nodding at them both.

"Good morning," he addressed them. Kingsley grabbed his robes and tucked his wand inside. Harry clipped his into the holster strapped on his leg. He straightened his robes and looked up at him, his eyes intense but his smile was soft. Draco wanted to thank him for what he had done, but not in front of Kingsley.

"Are you ready?" the Minister asked.

"I am," he answered and Kingsley offered him his arm. Draco looked at Harry once more who nodded and Draco took the Minister's arm. A jerk pulled him forward and as soon as it started, it was over and he was standing in a dark, cement room with three chairs and a table.

"Now, Harry and I will be waiting out in the hall just through that door. As your parents are such high-risk prisoners, we will have to be listening, but you will have the room to yourselves at least. You will only have about thirty minutes. We were able to get them to meet together instead of separately. Also remember that this is top secret and not likely to happen again, so take your chance to speak with them as much as you can."

"Yes sir." He hadn't even thought about the possibility of this being the last time to speak with his parents. He could feel the blood draining from his face and suddenly felt dizzy. He moved over to grip the back of one of the chairs. He took a deep breath and swallowed around the dryness in his mouth. He straightened up and turned back to Kingsley and Harry who were both watching him carefully.