Epilogue

Draco stood in front of the mirror and straightened his tie. He had five minutes before Kingsley was going to call him out to make his speech for the grand unveiling of their new Muggle-Magic Ward. He could hear his booming voice through the parted curtain. They had finally been able to focus their efforts on adding more rooms and offices for the Muggle doctors that Draco and Janey were going to be bringing on.

"Draco, are you ready for your robes?" Harry held them up behind him and he turned. Harry was wearing his dark maroon Auror dress robes, and he was holding out the new Healers robes that were to be worn on the new ward. They were still designed in the same fashion as the lime green ones, but these were colored white, much like a Muggle doctor's coat.

"I'm ready. I feel like I'm going to be sick, but that's not going to go away until this bloody speech is over and done with."

"Well, if it's any consolation, you look wonderful and I'm sure you'll enthrall the crowd."

"Is it a lot of people?" Harry had gone out to check and he shook his head.

"No, mainly just other Healers and a few people from the Daily Prophet. Janey and the other doctor from her emergency room are in the front row as well, next to Neville and Blaise. She's got me a seat saved, so I'll be right there for you."

"Thank you," he sighed. Harry put the robes over his shoulders, and he slid his arms inside. He straightened the front and Harry put his collar down in the back. He turned to him and he was delighted to see Harry's cheeks were pink.

"You do look amazing," he repeated, and Draco grinned. He held his arms out and Harry stepped into them, wrapping his own around him. He kissed the top of his head, his wild mop of hair playing at his chin, and he hugged him tighter. They had finally been able to relax, finally able to see past the black cloud that Rabastan had put over them all.

Harry's skin had cleared and there was no trace of the curse on him anywhere. And now they had the rest of their lives to look forward to. And he was looking forward to it. He hoped Harry couldn't feel the small ring box in his pocket, pressed against him the way he was.

The day after Harry had been healed, he had gone back to the Ministry to help Ron and Kingsley get Rabastan settled in at Azkaban, as well as promise Rodolphus that they grey walls of his cell were the only things he'd ever see again. He had sent him off with a kiss, and as soon as he had disapparated, Draco turned on the spot as well. There was a tiny little jeweler's shop a few blocks from their apartment, and Draco came out in the alley behind it. He'd passed it hundreds of times on his way home from work but hadn't really stopped to look until a month or so ago.

He had bought Harry a shining gold band and had the jeweler engrave it for him with the words 'My Heartbeat.' Because that was what Harry was, his heartbeat. His reason for living. The love and light that lived in his soul, he attributed them to Harry, and he would never stop being grateful for them.

"Draco?" He snapped out of his thoughts and stepped back. Harry was grinning up at him. "You okay?"

"Yes," he answered quickly, and Harry raised a brow, but he shook his head.

"Alright. Go get your speech done and then we can do dinner. I know you don't like to eat when you're nervous, so I'm sure you haven't eaten all day."

"I haven't, and I am hungry, but you let me worry about dinner, okay?" Harry raised his eyebrow again and Draco leaned in and kissed him before he could say anything else. Kingsley's voice boomed still, but the curtain fluttered and he heard his name. Harry gave his hand a squeeze and slipped out the door. He took a deep breath and walked through out to the stage where Kingsley waited for him, clapping along with the rest of the audience. The lights on him were bright, but not so much that he couldn't see everyone. Harry was sliding into his seat and Janey gave him a small wave.