Chapter Eighteen

"I believe if we streamline the training and the renovations, we should have our new ward open in about four to five months."

"That's great. Have you had any thought on who you would like to bring over to train? Janey has already picked a small team for training over at London's Mercy, most who actually have some tie to the Magical world."

"Sounds good to me. I've been figuring that I would let you and Jason be the deciding factors."

"Alright. I'll speak with Jason and see if he has anyone in mind. I was thinking about Blaise Zabini. He's studying Advanced Potions and Herbology, hoping to become a Potions Master and create potions to use for Healing."

"I think that's a good idea. Minerva mentioned that. She gets good reports from Horace Slughorn and Pomona Sprout about him. She says he and Neville Longbottom actually created a potion at the school this last week that helped another student with some sort of serious ailment."

"Really?" He knew he'd been working on things, but not that he'd actually come up with something. Obviously his choice to bring him on was a good one. He'd be out of school soon anyway, so it was time to get him geared up for hospital life.

"About the meeting with your parents today, I don't know how long you'll have, but Robards wont be coming with us. It'll just be us, possibly Harry. I haven't been able to get ahold of him today, though."

"He'll be here. He's with Andromeda, getting ready for Teddy's birthday party this weekend."

"Ah. How is the little boy? I haven't seen him in a while. I've heard tell that he looks just like his parents," he said quietly.

"He does," Harry said behind them. Draco turned to see him standing in the doorway. He turned back to Kingsley, who was nodding with a sad look, one he hadn't seen before. He must have noticed Draco staring because he shook his head.

"I worked very closely with Nymphadora Tonks for years, well before she married Remus. Then we all worked together, right up until their deaths." Draco nodded at him, unsure what to say. Kingsley only shook his head again and smiled at Harry. "So, he'll be one. Will I get an invitation to his party?"

"Absolutely." He came into the room and leaned against the back of his chair, sweeping the hair behind his ear. Draco's ears burned and Harry pulled his hand back. They both turned to look at Kingsley, who was watching them with an equally shocked expression. Harry spluttered incoherently behind him before murmuring a "Sorry." Kingsley's eyes narrowed before he spoke up.

"I was wondering how you had been getting along so well. This won't cause you to slip in your work will it? Or cause problems on things like today?"

"Absolutely not," the answered in unison. Kinglsey nodded and stood up.

"Alright then. Now, Draco, I want you to understand this is going to be the last meeting you'll have with them before they go to trial. No one knows what will happen after that."

"Yes sir." The last time he had gone he had thought it was going to be his last time. He didn't know what he was going to say to them now.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm ready."

"Also, I want you to know you'll be going back at the end of the week to speak with Rodolphus again. I know I can trust you, you're very intelligent, so I know you must understand that there is no way you can mix these things up. Neither can know what's going on."

"I understand." He stood up and moved over to Harry. Kingsley stood as well, coming over to them.

"Let's go." They all disapparated on the spot, coming out in the same room as he had been when he had first come to see his parents. "Remember, probably last time this will happen. Make the most of it." He clapped his shoulder as he walked by and then Harry turned to him.