Chapter Twenty-Five

"Her wounds seem to be improving, Minister," Blaise said, flipping through his notes and Draco looked at them over his arm. They were improving, visibly improving.

"It's with the potion the two of you brewed?"

"Yes sir," Blaise and Neville answered in unison.

"Draco, are you still going to try to take the Muggle medicine route anymore?"

"We're keeping the option on the table, just in case. While there is remarkable change, after the first thirty-six hours, things slowed a bit."

"We're keeping all of our options open in case they turn around for the worst. Neville and I have a potion we're working on that used herbs he's grown, plus a variation of the antibiotic that Draco and Dr. Talley have been using."

"Okay, sounds like a solid plan. The two of you will be in attendance at our Grand Opening, yes?"

"Yes sir, we'll be there."

"Alright. Once I've gotten plans more finalized, I'll send word with a date and a plan. Now, if that's it, you're dismissed, but Draco, may I have a quick word with you?"

"Certainly. I'll meet the two of you back at the hospital." Once the door was closed, he turned back to Kingsley. "What can I do for you?"

"I was just wanting to know when you and Harry planned on going down to look for Rabastan."

"Soon, like within the next few days. I'm going to have Ms. Robbins come in early one day so he and I can have the entire rest of that day to travel and find out what we can."

"Okay. Just be safe. Also, have you tired the Imperius Curse on him yet?"

"Not yet. I know you've given your permission but we haven't really had the time. Plus I'm still a little hesitant myself."

"That's understandable. Just keep me up to date."

"I will. Thank you, Kingsley."

"You're welcome."

Back in his office, he sat with his feet propped and his head leaning back over the top of his chair, stretching his neck. Blaise was mirroring his actions on the other side, Greg sitting next to him, on a break from work. Neville had gone off to harvest some sort of plant or herb.

"So your parents seemed to have settled well. My boss at Azkaban has me doing wellness checks on them weekly, just like Harry's boss, Robards, has with the Aurors. They glad to be out? I mean, outwards they are, but they don't talk much, not like before."

"I think they're still getting used to being on the outside. It's new and Mother confessed that she was worried people were going to try to get at them."

"They can't though, that's part of the protection."

"I know, and she knows as well, but it's still a worry. Harry made sure to double check and make sure the charm went as far out as possible."

"Harry was there when your parents got home?" Blaise asked incredulously.

"He was. He came because I asked. I gave him a choice," he muttered.

"I believe you," Blaise laughed. "Harry's dead gone on you, though. He'd do whatever you asked." Draco rolled his eyes and tossed a pen at Blaise.

"You're one to talk. Neville's got you whipped." Blaise flipped him the middle finger but he leaned his head back on the chair again, a smile on his face.

"He's amazing. I just wish I had realized it sooner." Draco nodded, all too well knowing the feeling. Blaise lifted his head again and looked up at the ceiling. He pointed with his finger and smiled sadly. "He took me to meet his parents."