Part 3

The land breezes were cold and strong, but America couldn't really fell them. America's whole body was tingling as Russia touched him all over to secure the protective suit. It looked a bit like a full body climb suit, but it felt heavier. His father, Britain, stood next to Russia and watched him getting America ready to get swallowed by the weird crack. He gulped. "Are you sure about this?" He asked worried. Sure, Britain wasn't always the best father to his son, but he still loved him.

The tall country nodded with a forced smile. "Yes, I will go down in the history books as a hero!" America said proudly and Russia cringed at the phrase. "Please, fuck no." He mumbled and clicked the last two piece for the rope together. "Oh, are you jealous?" America crept closer to Russia's face and the taller country almost fell backwards on the ground from surprise. Then he gave America a nasty smile. "You know, I was worried at first, but now that you're going down there, I have no reason to be worried."

The American looked confused at first, but then grinned. "Because I will save you all by solving the mystery of the void-black crack!" Russia laughed. "No, because it's not that bad if you die." America's face instantly went red from anger, but before he could come up with a comeback Britain groaned. He hit Russia on the back of his head. "We get it, you hate America and he hates you, but can you not act like such a wanker during a global crisis?"

Russia apparently actually felt a bit bad about it and looked away huffing. Then he walked over to the mini crane. He had to tell his people to get ready to use it. He left some foot prints in the snow. America eyed them for a moment and then turned around to his father. He tried to smile without looking too worried. He was actually scared shitless, but he didn't want anyone to know.

Then Britain finally said the something that America always has longed for his father to say. "I'm proud of you. I believe that you can make it." Britain smiled and somehow America couldn't hold back his tears now. He actually planned not to cry, but he sniffed happily anyways. "Thank you." He said with a smile and nod. Britain laughed. "Aw, come here." He said and hugged his son tightly.

Canada waited for them to finish their hug before joining their conversation. "America." He said with a worried smile and his brother turned his head to him, still with some tears in his white eyes. "Good luck." Canada said and then also went in for a hug. Britain just smiled and watched their brotherly bond. Their fought sometimes, but their always have been good brothers to each other.

Some other countries were there as well, most of them wished America good luck before Russia came back again. The mini crane was ready to carry the tall country down the weird crack. "Here" Russia simply said as he pressed something similar looking to a walkie talkie with a red ribbon in America's hand. "It works like a radio. It only has one connection though - To us." Russia explained quickly. "Don't loose it." He continued with an serious expression. "Also," The tall country got out a flashlight and placed it into America's other hand. "A flashlight. Use it wisely though. If the battery is empty, it's empty."

America chuckled. "Wow, didn't expected it to be empty when it's empty." The taller country lightly kicked the American's shin in annoyance. "You know what I mean." "Hmpf." America put the two things in the small bags he had around his black security belt.

Russia got closer to America. "Either we all die of this mysterious crack getting bigger until it swallows us whole or or we die of the fall of humanity." He whispered to him. "So if you die of this, I'm glad. Not because I want you to die, but because I don't want you to have a painful death." America felt like his heart stopped. Then Russia gave him a really quick hug before letting go and running over to the mini crane. What just happened. America's eyes followed Russia leave.

"Well fuck." America didn't want to die. He wanted to tell Russia how much he actually admired him. He wanted to tell Russia that he is great. He wanted to tell that he would miss him. He swallowed his feelings down and turned around to eye the crack.

The tall country moved closer to the edge of the weird crack until he could feel the force coming out of it. It was lightly pulling him down. It was a unusual feeling. He took a deep breath. He didn't need oxygen to 'live', but he still pretty much liked to breathe air. He chuckled pathetically.

"Are you ready?" Russia asked loud enough for America to hear. America felt all eyes on him. He couldn't back out of it now. So he raised his hands and put on his best hero smile. "I'm going down, Russia!" He said loudly and everyone clapped. It felt good. Then he took a step. It was enough for the force of the weird crack to quickly swallow him into the nothingness. Every noise suddenly turned into deafening silence. A shudder ran down America's back. It was so cold and dark.