Part 4

The wind felt icy on Russia's face. The temperature in Netherlands' land has sunken down to -32 °C, which definitely wasn't normal. The coldest temperature he ever had was -27,4 °C. Russia assumed that the temperature change was coming from the weird crack of void. Two days have passed since America went down the crack and he still didn't try to get in contact with the others. Well, maybe he did. Russia didn't actually know, but it was worrying.

"When the crack grows to fast, it will just swallow the gantry crane too." Netherlands said with an shaky breath next to Russia. "I give up." He muttered and hid his freezing hands in the pockets of his brown jacket. "Huh?" Russia quickly turned his head to the smaller country. "What do you mean 'you give up'?!"

Netherlands pulled out a tiny bag with cannabis. With slow movements he wrapped some of it in a tiny paper and rolled it into a joint. "We will all die soon. It's what we deserved." He mumbled and quickly took drag of the joint. Russia shook his head. "Come on now, don't say stuff like that."

The smaller country looked at the ground as he continued his talk. "Whenever, wherever humans decide to show up you can bet that suffering will be sure to follow. The inflicting of massive and never-ending volumes of unnecessary suffering has shown the human race as unworthy of existence. You look at a picture of an land and when there's no humans, just nature, don't you agree it can look beautiful?" Russia didn't answer anything, so Netherlands went on. "When humans move onto the scene, it will be sure to rot, decay and wither away faster than you can drink one of your vodka glasses in one go." Russia stayed silent as Netherlands turned his head to the taller one.

"And we? We are only a construct of the human race. I'm tired of all this. I want to exist for myself. I'm tired of living through others. So I will be okay with dying if the humans die too. "

Netherlands took a long drag and then pointed at the joint. "Do you want one?" Russia swallowed hardly and then shook his head. "No. A- ... Are you okay?" He stuttered awkwardly, still in shook from Netherlands words. A few days ago Netherlands was still shaking in Belgium's arms and now he babbled out misanthropy. "Not really, but you aren't either, Russia." He gave the other an intense stare. Russia quickly looked away.

The atmosphere was tense and uncomfortable. Russia decided to say goodbye after Netherlands finished smoking his joint. When he arrived at home he let himself quickly fall on his white bed. He stared up at the ceiling with a fast pounding heart. He stayed like this for awhile.

Afterwards he rolled to the side and eyed an old picture of his father. The USSR. "Dad." He mumbled as if he could hear him. "Dying is a such painful and cumbersome process. I don't want to die. To just cease to exist would be easier..." His voice was raspy and he waited, as if the picture would answer him. Of course it didn't. He sighed and took a shaky breath. He closed his eyes, taking a nap.

America's body felt heavy. Breathing felt difficult for him. "Did I fall asleep or something?" He mumbled to himself in confusion. He remembered that the black void had swallowed him into the dark nothingness. "Am I dead?" A chuckle. America quickly opened his eyes. He was greeted by the light of an intense sun. He barely could see anything from the brightness. Why was it so bright? It gave the tall country a headache.

"Wah- Where am I?" He realized that there was ground under him and slowly tried to sit up. He felt the soft grass in his hands. After his eyes finally adjusted to the light, he was greeted by an smile. From... "Russia?!" America slid away. "W- What are you doing here?! Where are we? What?!" The other country just smiled at him and got closer.

Russia looked younger than America remembered. He wore a school uniform and had a red ribbon bound around his arm. "I found you laying here, you probably felt asleep and had a really bad dream." He chuckled and crept even closer. America's heart pounded loudly in his chest. What was going on?!

"I don't remember you being so tall though..." Russia muttered and stared at the other before stretching out one of his hands, the one with the ribbon around it, so America could take it. Hesitantly America grabbed after the smaller country's hand and let him help him up. "Is the weird outfit a project for the school ball?" Russia asked, still weirdly friendly to America. "School ball... what?" He was really confused to put it simply.

America looked around. It didn't look like home. Birds were chirping and trees rustled in the background. He was probably in a park, but... "Oh fuck, where am I?" He started to freak out and tried to find the weird radio thing in his pockets. Russia tried to stop him though. "Hey, calm down. You just had a bad dream."

"No, no, no." America shoved the weird acting Russia away and pulled out the device out of his pocket. Desperately he did his best to make it work. "This must be some kind of hallucination or something!" He muttered. The device wouldn't work though. "Damn, hello, Russia?" "Yes?" the other Russia replied. "Not you!"

Russia crossed his arms. "Hmpf, you should be more nice to your boyfriend." America coughed from the shook. "WHAT?!" America took a deep breath. This was all just a dream. A hallucination. Wake up, wake up.

Something suddenly tackled the tall country to the ground. "Who the fuck are you!" said a really familiar voice and America opened his eyes again in confusion. Looking at a cute and young version of Russia had been strange enough, but this just took the cake. America stared into the eyes of himself... A younger version of himself.