Part 7

While Russia wasn't as religious as Poland, he does quietly made a small prayer to god as he stood in front of the hole of void. He was wearing a thick black vest, which was attached to the crance with a long metal rope. And while it was pretty much just the equipment the USA had worn as well, Russia felt anything but secure in those clothes. Well, maybe it made a lot of sense to be scared, considering the USA never turned up from the hole again...

"You better find my son, I swear-" UK mumbled behind him. He was having some kind of mental breakdown and France tried her best to calm down her husband. Russia was way too focused worrying about his own self-being right now though, so he kind of ignored these two. He did feel pretty guilty for just letting the USA go there alone after all, but... America agreed to do it himself? Russia never forced him to! So he wasn't entirely to blame, right? Russia just didn't want to die yet... He would like to see his father again, but maybe not necessarily in this way. Just staring down the hole filled him with some feeling of dread.

"Rusija!" a familiar voice shouted and Russia turned around to his sister Ukraine. They never really were on good terms with each other (mostly because of their views on their father), but right now she looked pretty worried about her brother. She walked over to him while making sure not to trip into the hole herself and gave him a big hug. "Be careful, okay? And bring the USA back!" She said with a sad smile as if she didn't really believe her words would actually happen. Russia forced a smile on his face and nodded. "I will." He said but felt like it was a lie. 

Russia made sure to say goodbye to the rest of the countries as well. After all, he couldn't be sure if he would return or not. To calm himself down, he reminded himself that even if he wouldn't go down this hole, he would eventually die on planet earth anyway. Because if they didn't figure out a way out of this mess (and all possible solutions pointed at the hole) then he would just die of starvation or some kind of war for food, or simply because this hole of void swallowed the entire earth. So maybe this was the best death after all.

"Wish me luck!" Russia turned around and saluted with a fake happy smile. He kind of wished he could have done it like the USA, all hero-like, but he just wasn't this type of guy, or rather, this type of country. With one last heavy breath, he tried to remember all the other countries' faces as they waved him goodbye. Some looked more worried than the others. With this last image in his mind, he took his final step backward and fell down the hole of void.

-------

The USA on the other hand was making its way over to Japan's lap, or rather, the Japan of this universe. Eagle and Arytom were leading the way. Eagle seemed to be especially interested in America's relationship with the Russia of his universe and wouldn't stop asking him questions about that while they were walking through the park.

The USA really liked the colors of the park. He hasn't seen so much untouched and undestroyed nature for a while. In his universe a lot of parks were full of trash to put is simply. The countries never really dealt with the plastic problem, but that was just one of the many problems they had in their universe. Hopefully, America will find a way to save his earth in the lap of... 'other' Japan. As he looked down at Eagle and Artyom he wondered if Japan was a school student too in this universe.

"So you're telling me the Russia in your universe hates you?" Eagle asked, a tind of sadness filled in his voice. America gulped slightly. "Well yeah, kind of, but it's mutual." This seemed to confuse his two friends even more, but they eventually stopped asking questions about it. 

The three arrived in front of a big Japanese house with a big Zen-garden. The sand had a beautiful circle-like pattern and one could hear a view giggles from inside. 'This doesn't look like a lap', America thought to himself but was still able to appreciate the beauty of this architecture.

"Come on, we're almost there!" Eagle said excited and now took the hands of America and Arytom. America slightly laughed at that while Arytom seemed a bit annoyed by it, but didn't really protest either. America wondered if he could ever pull Russia with him like that too or if the Slav would instantly slap his hand away in disgust. 

They arrived at the main door of the house, which was a sliding door. Eagle didn't even bother to knock, he just slid the door right open. Now America could see a decent living room which was decorated in a rather Japanese way. On a pillow, next to a deep but long table sat a rather small version of Japan. She wore a typical Japanese school uniform and seemed to have a manga in her hands. "YAOI" it read in big letters. 

As Japan saw these three figures storm into her living room like that, she slightly let out a scream and then hid her manga underneath the table. "America! You can't just storm in like... Two Americas?!" She asked with confusion in her voice and lifted a finger. Now that America saw her like that, he wasn't so sure anymore if she really could solve the problem. She didn't really look like she was an expert on dark-voidish-hole-or-whatever-portals. She just seemed like your average High School girl who was obsessed with male gay relationships for some reason. 

Eagle laughed slightly. "Call me Eagle from now on and this", he pressed his hands firmly against Arytom's "Is Artyom for now. We don't want to confuse our universe traveler" He said and winked at her. She gasped at his words and jumped up from her place. "No way!" "Yes, way!" Eagle said back and America just kind of stood there awkwardly.

Japan eventually nodded and walked over to America with a huge smile on her face. "I was waiting for something like this to happen! I have been studying the portals of mini black holes for a while now!" She explained and slightly bowed in front of America as a greeting. Then her back shoot right back up. "You have to tell me everything about your universe!" She said with excitement and America couldn't do more than let out an awkward chuckle. His universe wasn't really that great...

"Well..." But before America could answer, Eagle interrupted him. "Don't drill through our guests with such questions! First, let us see your lap!" He said and Japan's eyes began sparkling again. "Sure!" She said and then walked out of the living room to a hallway. The other three followed her. She leads them to a staircase to the basement where the lap was. While walking down the stairs, she turned her head to America again. "You can call me Sakura by the way! So you don't confuse me with your Japan." She slightly chuckled.