five

"KEEP UP, SUNSHINE!"

"Well, you wear these damn heels and we'll see." Alright, my heels weren't made for long walks. Not definitely for occasions like this, and my dress doesn't even help the way how New York felt so fucking cold at this time of day. It's definitely a pain in the ass being here but I kept going, I kept going because I knew—I was starting to love it again. And it was abso-fucking-lutely foolish for me to do so.

"Where are we?" Hughie caught up with us, running behind that I fail to realize Butcher had stopped walking when my face collapsed at his back. I took a step back, rubbing my nose in the process and frowning, about to tell him why the hell he stopped when he turned to me with a frown.

"You can't be seen here." I looked up by then, dumbly realizing that I was at the Supe's fucking den I wished never to step foot again after the Translucent incident where he figured he'd abandoned his interview to—to do shit in here. I'm quite known to be a VOUGHT associate and if they saw me with Hughie and Butcher—well, that is fucking trouble itself.

"Time for me to go home, innit?" I say reasonably, although a part of my brain didn't like the sound of it very much. But it was the right thing to do that I started walking away on my damn heels.

"Nope. You ain't goin' anywhere, sunshine." His hands grasp my arm, seeing him rounding his coat on my shoulders that fell down up to my ankle, revealing his fancy tropical button down which I would laugh at if my feet situation isn't bothering me. "Look down." I nod, seeing him turn around as we finally descended the steps but he turned again, in a swift manner, pulling down my perfectly kept bun, my blonde hair falling to my face that he finally smiled.

"Why can't your wife be seen here?" Oh, shit. First with the wife thing, and second, well, I'm a talent relations director. He will bust my ass for it.

"W—Well, I have a reputation to uphold. So, let's go. And don't talk, alright? Not with anyone." Hughie nodded, turning to Butcher who nodded and walked near the door, slamming it with his fist three times before the hatch slid open.

"Harry! Got your message. Thank you for being an upstanding citizen." He was so sarcastic up to the brim.

"You know this is fucking police brutality, man. You know what they'll do to me, they catch me letting you in?"

"Not half of what I'll do if you don't." It slid back and sounded as though he was already unlocking the door. Man, he really had a way in a person's heart. One filled with threats and guns.

"Did he just say he's police?" Hughie glanced me at curiously that I smiled confidently.

"Same thing. Same titles. Same positions. Potato fuckin' po-ta-toh, right?" I shrugged, sounding believable enough that the boy hummed.

The door drew wide open that I started to look down on my aching feet, just slightly upwards where I could still be wary of the surroundings. Started hearing the—moans, and not the good kind of it either. This place was absolute hell on earth. The first time I wandered about on this place, it's least to say that I couldn't look at the familiar Supes in the same way again. "Holy shit." Uh-huh.

"This is the only place where the Supes can scratch their filthy little itch without the paps taking snaps." And certainly so that they do it a tad bit much.

"Wait—that's Ezekiel!" Hughie whispered as we stopped to our steps and saw while looking down, a stretching body up to the other side filling me with dread and disgust I pulled Butcher's shirt to get us away of it. Tuning out their smart comments, making me regret even coming inside.