seven

"SORRY ABOUT THE MESS

"SORRY ABOUT THE MESS."

Yes, well, that's the worst thing that could happen, right? "You should fuck off, Hughie." My phone started vibrating like mad on my pocket that when I looked-it was absolutely clear now why there's a reason a television floated mid-air, and an invisible figure got thrown out a couple of shelves away from where it was previously.

I tended to Hughie soon as Butcher started walking closer, a little doubt I have in me that he could take Translucent arm to arm when the man literally could withstand any force. "Hughie, I need you to get out of here right now. Alright? Your head is bleeding, you're in shock but it'll go away soon. I just need you to stand up, and go." I hoisted him by his collar that he looked at me at once almost too confusedly for his own good. "Run!" Butcher's voice echoed of the same words that he nodded, my attention turning to Butcher while my phone still vibrated like crazy.

"Well, well, well... If it ain't the invisible cunt." He carried a crowbar, going closer to the wall that when he went for the kill, only collided to the wall. A peal of laughter echoed the place that Butcher got thrown at the wall nearby, making me act upon and grabbing a discarded shelf, hitting from where the force came from and colliding with but a thud.

"A-Alice?! What the fuck?!"

I bit my lip, "Yeah. What's up?" I try for a next blow but that only ended with the invisible man, pulling the shelf from me and a kick in the stomach that sent me flying to the other side of the room.

"I thought we could trust you! Why the fuck are you here?! Why are you with them?!" I could hear him close to me but I couldn't see him, fuck him for being invisible, fuck my phone for only beeping that he's near and not telling his actual location. This was annoying at the very best. "Answer me!" Another kick from the stomach that I was able to hold on to while silently enduring the pain, turning it sideways for him to fall at the shelf and seeing Butcher deliver a punch but we were too blind that it resulted in another kick, and a straight jab at Butcher's face.

I fumbled around again but he was lost, only feeling the nauseating sensation of being punched into the jaw and falling face flat on the pavement, hearing movements and thuds inches away from me that I see Butcher landing punch after punch-on a bloodied figure of Translucent.

Good tactic, but not so much in combat when we're actually trying to land a punch to a guy similar to a damn rock. But I gathered the courage to stand up when Butcher fell from a punch, my hands holding on to a large rock I was able to throw, successfully distracting him while I hoist up Butcher. "Fuck you, Alice!" I could hear Translucent say. "Who are you with, huh? Who's this shithead? A fucking spy? For who?" His bloodied invisible figure started walking away to an opposite direction that I ran, gulped, and tackled him down the ground where my knees collided in the part where the sun usually doesn't shine if he wasn't always naked.