thirteen

IT'S A SURPRISE WE'RE PARKED OUTSIDE PRISON

I looked at my partner next to me, confused and annoyed as ever that his surprises are almost always not very good at the eyes and something that'll probably get me to have a heart attack next time I let him surprise me like this. But I looked at him, using the Georgia technique that I knew he didn't have it in him to brush away. "We're meeting a friend." He stated almost vaguely I bobbed my head to gesture him to continue. "I need your help."

"You always do, baby." I teased, earning an eye roll from him as he left the car that made me laugh. Following after his suit as his coat billowed through the air-and siren wailing afar his plan right now was sending my nerves into a fit. I was a composed person, never assuming, never panicking-but let's just say that everything about my partner gets me nervous. "Who's friend are we meeting?" Like I said, we have very little friends and we all never keep up to each other as far as I know. I mean, I wasn't. I thought this life was far over before Butcher appeared in front of my face with that ever so annoying smile of his.

"You love him." He says as we flew past the gate while the guards weren't looking, being able to successfully and quite dubiously passing everyone until it dawned on me that it wasn't that heavily guarded as I expected it would be. This isn't the real deal type of prison-this was like, a place for fugitives that are underage. Boys town. "And we need him now more than ever. That with A-Train and Hughie's little revenge." He took it upon himself to pass the back door where I checked our six o'clock before running down to where he's going.

"And we needed to sneak into jail to do that? Can't ask the receptionist nicely?" Butcher merely snorted.

"I prefer the more exciting way. Where's your fun, sweetheart?" I fight another urge to kick him by the shins as he peaked on to the glass of the door before swinging it open, the both of us looking like some of the people in the place with our coats and casual clothes I wonder how we're gonna bullshit this-when we didn't get caught, and when Butcher laid his hands for me to wait before he swung another door open.

An empty office with an overlooking window that when my eyes flickered to look, a familiar man with a tough and large frame stood with his back at us. Butcher pulled me away from the window exactly when he turned, dropping myself voluntarily on the chair across the table and crossing my leg as I knew this is bound to be one hell of another mess. Like Frenchie's. "Help me convince him." Butcher murmured that I scoffed at him unbelievably.

"I could do that-but why would I do that to him?" I snap back, knowing that the man we're about to recruit back was a man trying to live his life right by his family. We may not have been keeping up with each other-but at least I knew that fact.

"We're trynna get the boys back. We need him." Am I really gonna do that?

"You know he hates Frenchie, right?" I made it a point to let him know but he didn't answer, and my own question to myself never came to me when the door from that room opened, revealing a frame that both spared us a second glance before shaking his head,