ten

"FRENCHIE

"FRENCHIE. THEY'RE SENDING A GODDAMN TEAM."

Those were the words I couldn't believe came out of my mouth with panic soon when I read Ashley's message about a team designated to look out for Translucent's last whereabouts. Well, we were too confident about bringing him somewhere along the sea of abandoned ruins and forgot the sole fact that his tracker was still reading the place until maybe, it pin-pointed around the area. That lead to this, a shitstorm over a shitstorm.

Frenchie and I made for the guns, he held one flashlight while I was pretty confident without. I take pride for my clear vision so much that I only managed to bring out pistols on me and set them up, feeling a burning stare on my left while I did. "Hughie, I need you to stay here and be on guard." I looked and saw him nod once, brows furrowed like a confused child that he actually jumped to his toes when Frenchie cocked his gun. "Stay calm and if you need us-don't shout. Alright?" He never spoke a word when Frenchie called for me, being that I was actually worried of leaving him behind but an awaiting firefight is much dangerous than a prisoner in an electric cage.

I just hope Hughie wouldn't do anything stupid.

We went down, it was slightly dark although the post lights from outside shone a bit from the windows that we were still able to see. It was quiet for the most part, us, just waiting for trouble like we've always been doing before. "I never heard from you, mademoiselle." Frenchie said, making me look with a lingering heavy chest. "Ever since-" I shook my head, leaning by a discarded table while placing the safety back on my gun.

"It was a long, long time, Frenchie. Too many had happen. It had been a nightmare I needed to forget before we all became-somewhat whole again." The events from our past brought an impact to the team so much so that we needed to go separate ways to look for peace within. I found mine although soon enough after I did, well, I lost my real job and became a corporate slave. Everyone turned away, I turned away-until another set of fuckery brought back some of us together. And even a new guy!

"Truly I've missed you, mon amie." I look down to my socked feet and smiled, not being able to keep it all in while I hear his steps going near me. Truly I'm a sucker for this french man but it was all there is to it. I'm clearly just a slut for his french accent. Any accent other than mines, to be fucking honest. Yes, even in Butcher's accent.

"I've missed you more, Frenchie. I could never see my life without a friend smoking a joint and taking a pill at the same time." He chuckled while he leaned beside me, the silence fully enveloping us peacefully until a sound of car brought us back to our stance as we peek along the gap of what once the entrance. It was barricaded with planks, sure enough no one would actually waltz in to check their beloved hero.

A full minute of the car parked in front of Frank Cicero's restaurant that it left right then, blowing a puff of relief right after as I do not intend to blow my cover just yet. I'm kind of waiting to hand that sweet, sweet resignation letter personally. It would've been an achieving obstacle to go through for me. "We'll check at the back." The sound caught us off guard that Frenchie took it upon himself to pull me down, seeing lights by the right side of the restaurant as we both cocked our gun as silently as we can, going the opposite way of where the movement of flashlights went through.