𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

❝ 𝕋ℍ𝕀𝕊 𝕀𝕊 𝕀𝕋. ❞

---

this is it. today's the day she finally becomes a hogwarts student. cassandra's been waiting for this day ever since she could walk. she's heard about it from her brother and her father and only a little from her mother. she wasn't too happy about going in as a flint because the name had a bad reputation to it and she didn't want to be known for what her father's done or for the stuff that marcus currently does. she remembered that marcus had gotten in trouble plenty of times by mother only for being a troublemaker. father never really cared what he did, but mother surely did.

she got up, got dressed, grabbed all her supplies and put on her robe. she did a double check to make sure she had everything because she couldn't come back until the end of the year. she grabbed bob's crate and gave him some food and water. she didn't want him to starve. she made sure to give him a toy, too. today was going to be a great one and she was most definitely going to make something of it. she heard that she'd be sharing a room with a couple of girls she didn't know all that well, all except one. eveline derrick was the only one she knew of.

the girls she'd be staying with are eve as well two others. astoria greengrass and september allen. she's heard of astoria before, in fact, she's met her. astoria's really pretty and very kind, but she's never heard of september before and she's never even heard of someone being named september at all. she only knew of people named april, may, or june. but either way, she was excited to see tori again and meet september. they all arrived at the station and was highly confused to see they'd have to run into a wall to get the the hogwarts express.

she watched her brother run into the wall and then her mother and shortly after she followed suit. she had her eyes clenched shut and when she discovered the she wasn't a flat pancake on a wall, she opened her eyes and looked around in wonder. she's never been to the station and she's never seen the express so to her eyes, this place was magical. she could only imagine what hogwarts looked like. cassandra knew it would be just as magical as the station, but said girl was amazed by just about anything.

cassandra stood off the side of the train and gave her mother a tight hug, holding on tightly because she knew just how much she was going to miss her. she looked up at her mother and the said woman held her face in her hands with a heart warming smile, "i'll miss you, my little cassie." this caused a smile to erupt on cassandra's face. her mother will always be her favorite. she then watched as she moved on to marcus who was trying to remain tough, but you could so obviously see that he was failing at doing even that. he gave in a minute later and gave his mother a hug before letting go quickly, "and i'll miss you, you little troublemaker." she pinched his cheek and smiled before holding both of her children, a single tear sliding down her cheek.

both of her children smiled, "we love you, mum." with one last hug, they were onto the train and waving goodbye to their mom. once settled onto the train, marcus went his own way and cassandra sat in a compartment by herself. she didn't want to annoy him by following him to his compartment. she sat down by the window and glanced at all the trees that whirled by. deeply sighing, cass looked around the compartment in longing, wishing someone would enter even they didn't y'all, it'd be better than being alone.

she returned her gaze to the outside world in annoyance. she could see all the people walking by, but they all just ignored it and went to a different one. it made her upset. they knew she was there, too. lightly humming to herself, she fell asleep with her head against the window. what felt like ten minutes later she heard the door open and lazily lifted her head from the window and looked at the person who entered. she was shocked to see a boy her age with platinum blonde hair that was sleeked back. it was not a good look on him, but she wasn't going to say anything instead she laid her head back down against the window.

her sleep was rudely interrupted by none other than said boy who cleared his throat rather loudly, "excuse me, do you not know who i am?" well, he was rude as hell. her gaze turned to him rather lazily and she took a deep breath.

"am i supposed to?" his question was answered with a much more sarcastic question.

"my family is the most famous family there is. how do you not know?" he scoffed at her sarcasm and rolled his eyes.

"because i don't care." she rolled her eyes right back and returned her gaze back to the window in annoyance. of all the people to walk into her compartment, it had to be him.

"well, i'm malfoy. draco malfoy, and you are?"

"hello malfoy. draco malfoy. i'm dad." she let out a dumbarse laugh in her head, but showed no emotion on the outside. that was a good one, cassandra. he looked at her like she was dumb and then physically facepalmed.

"that was terrible, but no seriously. what's your name?"

"flint. cassandra flint." she took in a deep breath hoping he wouldn't recognize the last name, but unfortunately he did.

"oh, isn't your brother marcus flint? wasn't your father a death eater?" those were the two questions she dreaded the most. from anyone. sure she was proud of her brother, but he did some bad things that she couldn't help. she wasn't proud of the mistakes he's made and sure as hell wasn't proud of her father and on most days she feared him. to both questions she just nodded and looked out the window. he was about to ask another question when she noticed the train coming to a stop. quickly, she stood up and walked to the door, but first she turned to him with a soft smile.

"it was lovely meeting you, draco. i do hope to see you again." then she left, but the red in his cheeks was very obvious which caused her smile to widen. she wasn't going to bother him with it though. she had a wonderful night to get ready for. the sorting.

---

hey y'all! i know i said i'd stick to the schedule, but i wanted to give you all more to read

hey y'all! i know i said i'd stick to the schedule, but i wanted to give you all more to read. votes,
comments, and feedback are definitely appreciated!