𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼 𝔾𝕆𝔸𝕃, 𝔸ℂℂ𝕆𝕄ℙ𝕃𝕀𝕊ℍ𝔼𝔻. ❞

---

if i was right about one thing, it was that this day was taking way too long to finish. there were some good perks and some bad, but mostly bad. i noticed that everywhere i went marcus was always watching me from some part of the building or he had his friends watching me. i had asked him why he was stalking me and he pretty much summed up that he really didn't like cedric in anyway shape or form no matter how sweet and kind said boy was. but of course, i ignored his wishes of wanting me to stay away from cedric.

me and him were currently walking down the hallway and he was talking his mouth off, but i wasn't listening because i was in my zone.

"cassandra, why won't you listen to me?"

"because marcus, unlike all these slytherins, he's the kindest boy i've ever met. now if you don't mind, i have to go to class." i was standing in front of the door way giving him a look and he just sighed and walked off. i appreciated his efforts, but i just wanted to be my own person and he wasn't letting me.

i walked into the classroom and took my respected seat. i was in potions, but my head wasn't really in it. i was just watching the clock waiting for it to speed up so i could leave. i shared this class with the boy who lived. ya know, harry potter? he sat two desks away from me, but we were being put into partners and speak of the devil. i was partnered with harry. he glanced over at me out of the corner of his eye and i was just moping because i didn't want to do this lab.

when we were released, we all walked to our lab and i eventually went to stand next to harry. he got there before me because i was walking slower than the usual. i guess that's what being tired gets you.

"you go ahead and get everything we need, i'll read the instructions to you." he nodded and did what was told. i wasn't really trying to do anything. he returned with everything we needed and with that, we both got to work.

it really didn't take long for us to finish. snaps had found it shocking at how fast we got done and even more shocking to see that we did the potion the correct way.

"very . . . impressive. ten points to each house." i smirked to myself and harry nodded. i wasn't really surprised at the grade we received, i used to help marcus with his potions over the summer, and that helped me learn a lot more. i gave harry a nod and returned to my seat, him doing the same.

"thanks for the points, flint." draco spoke behind me with a grin and pat my shoulder. i nodded and smiled.

"it's not a problem, malfoy." after that, everyone one by one finished they're potions and some received terrible grades, others received outstanding grades, and there were a couple grades that ranged in the middle.

as time went on, snape continued to talk and talk about the next potion that we were making for next week, but i wasn't really paying attention. my eyes were focused on the clock as it ticked by slowly. it was as if the teacher himself was slowing time down with his magic. right as i thought that, class was dismissed. i must not have been paying attention. i collected my belongings and exited the classroom.

"hey there, cassie." i looked to my left to see cedric being as charming as always. it always brought a smile to my face.

"hey, pretty boy." i could practically see his ego inflate and his charming smile widen. i guess i brought a smile to his face, too.

"how was class?" i shrugged a bit as i looked forward and then back to him.

"it wasn't so bad. i aced making a potion and i had harry potter's help. we were partnered together," i grinned a bit and shook my head in the slightest, "he's a little new at it and he wasn't exactly sure what some of the ingredients were." he nodded to everything i was saying and nodded to all the important stuff i was saying.

we continued to walk the halls in silence. it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but it indeed was a well needed silence. we were both at peace and i didn't want it ruined as we walked through the halls.

now when i say peace, i mean no one talking to me. it wasn't quiet in the hallways at all. i did notice some of the other kids whispering to themselves while glancing at us. it was probably about cedric and i walking together. i personally didn't care, and i would hope that cedric didn't either. the most likely explanation is that he's a hufflepuff and i'm a slytherin. might i add, that i'm a flint. related to the worst dudes ever.

eventually we reached the library. it was where he was going and naturally i just followed because i didn't really want to be bored.

"would you like to study with me?" cedric was looking at me as he picked a table to sit at. i glanced around for a minute and then nodded, taking a seat across from him. i set my belongings down and pulled out my DADA book and began reading it. it was assigned to be read before the next class which meant i had to actually read it and actually do the parchment paper along the way.

"thanks for letting me, by the way." he smiled up at me and nodded before returning to his own work. i smiled down at my book, feeling my heart flutter and my cheeks turn a vibrant red. i was glad here wasn't really anyone around us because i tend to get embarrassed easily even if it's the smallest thing. thank god that he day was over for me.

---

my apologies for the late update! i just wasn't sure what to really update so here you guys go! votes, comments, and feedback are much appreciated!