𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

ℍ𝔸ℙℙ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕊𝕊 𝕀𝕊 𝕂𝔼𝕐. ❞

---

today was the second day of christmas break and cassandra planned to spend it in her room. the thought would sound boring to most folk, but to her all she wanted to was get her work done that way she could spend the rest of the break doing whatever it is you would do on break.

you see, unlike her brother, cassandra actually cared about school and wanted to become successful. like her mother, she wanted to be a healer. to be able to help witches and wizards when they've been hurt or worse. the young girl has faith in herself that she wouldn't become what her dad wanted her to become. no amount of punishment would get her to do what he did to others. the torture he put people through.

as of now, cassandra was being dragged out of her room by pansy parkinson who was annoyed with a certain hufflepuff because he kept bother the slytherins to see if she could come out. with a sigh, said girl made her way over to the awaiting hufflepuff and crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow.

"may i help you?" she was aware that she came off a tad rude, but she had a goal set and spending the day with cedric was not that goal even though the author has other plans for her.

"woah, there. i was just wondering if we could spend the day together since we haven't spoken in a while." the boy sent her his ever-so-charming smile which she couldn't help, but to return the smile.

"i'd love to spend the day with you, diggory, but i've got so much work that i need to catch up on."

"you could always do your homework tomorrow and we could spend some time together today. we do have a whole of two weeks to do whatever we want or need to do." he gave her a hopeful look as she began thinking to herself. the thought was tempting and cassandra was considering it.

'he does have a point and i haven't seen him in a while or even said 'hi' to him when i passed him in the halls. i was always too busy doing my work to associate with anyone really.' she zoned out for what seemed to be a while, but was only a couple of seconds.

"alright. you can go ahead and choose what we do." a smile graced it's way onto her face and in return, cedric did the same. he gently grabbed a hold of her hand and began the journey. cassandra fell into step next to him as they walked. keeping up with the same pace as him was a bit of a challenge seeing as he had longer legs than the girl next to him.

"how do you feel about going down to hogsmeade?" the girl in question cocked an eyebrow and then furrowed both.

"won't we be going there later? like after christmas break? and last i checked we had to have a parchment signed by our guardians."

"oh come on, ca-" his sentence was cut short by an very familiar, interrupting voice.

"diggory," both of our heads turned to meet eyes with the older flint brother, "where do you think your going with my sister?" his arms were crossed and his stare was deadly and the younger girl was sure that cedric would be dead if looks could kill.

before cedric could say anything, cassandra cleared her throat and spoke for him, "all we're doing, flint, is going to the library to read up on divination. that is all." she gave him a pointed stare and he looked as if he would explode. instead of doing what was expected, he did the unexpected.