𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

𝕋ℍ𝕀𝕊 𝕊ℂℍ𝕆𝕆𝕃 𝕀𝕊 𝔸 ℕ𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝕄𝔸ℝ𝔼. ❞

---

today started off okay. i woke up, did my daily morning routine, and headed off to breakfast with my roommates. i'd give marcus a quick bye and hello every so often. i'd see cedric in the hallway and say hello to him as well as with a wide smile. we were now in the middle of the year and seemed that the year was going pretty well. school seemed to fly by quick even if it was beyond boring. now i sat in potions class watching snape drone on an on about something i wasn't even sure of. i was honestly zoning him out.

"flint . . cassandra flint!" at this i snapped back into the real world and was met with snape staring down at me. i sat up in my seat and stared at him straight on. i wasn't going to let some cranky professor scare me.

"yes, professor snape?"

"i would appreciate it if you would pay attention in my class . . . five points from slytherin. for . . not paying . . attention." i inwardly cringed and looked down at my desk. other slytherins looked at me and glared. i completely avoided their glares because i was probably going to hear it later.

"my apologies, professor snape." to which he replied to with an 'mhm' and continued on with his lesson. when he was turned around fully i rolled my eyes and laid my head back into my hand. i don't see how these slytherins can manage to even like snape. he annoyed me beyond belief and took points away for the silliest things. not to mention how he treats the other houses.

the way he treats potter, weasley, and granger is by far the most unfair in the world. and i certainly don't think it's because they're gryffindors. it's not my business though and i don't really want to get into it all that much.

i slumped back into my seat and stared glumly ahead making sure to keep my eyes on snape so he doesn't take anymore points away from me. i didn't want the entire slytherin house hating me. not that they would. marcus would most likely hex them all.

about sixteen minutes later, class came to an end and i was glumly packing my stuff up and walking down the halls to go to the great hall and just eat my feelings away. before doing that i took a quick detour and walked into of the girls lavatory. i walked into a stall and sat on a toilet while sulking and staring at the floor sadly. i was about to get up when the door opened and someone walked in sounding like they were crying. i peeked through the crack between the stall door and wall and saw hermione granger running in the stall right next to mine with tears running down her cheeks.

i gave her a few minutes to sob before i exited and stepped in front of her stall, gently knocking on the door.

"hermione? are you alright?" a moment of silence went between us as she sniffled and i'm pretty sure wiped her tears away.

"whoever you are, i'm fine."

"you don't sound fine. would you like to talk about it?"

she opened her stall and looked me up and down. she seemed to be a bit surprised that a slytherin would want to comfort her and most specifically; a flint.

"just stuff and rude people. it's strange that you're even talking to a mudblood like me." i cringed at the word.

"unlike most of my kind, i actually care for the other houses and don't listen to stereotypes made by my own house." her eyes seemed to soften which in turn meant that she believed me.

"i wish the other slytherins were like you," she stepped out of the stall and i moved out of the way to let her through, "what were you in here for?" i shrugged.

"same reason as you, minus the crying." we both chuckled and looked to the door as we heard it open only to see a giant troll carrying a huge bat. both of us widened our eyes and ran into a stall not that it would be much help.

"hermione!" the sound of two boys entered the bathroom and i looked over at her with a raised brow. her eyes seemed to brighten and she smiled.

"it's harry and ron. harry, ron! we're in here."

"we're? who else is in here?" it sounded like harry spoke.

"cassandra flint is in here, now hurry up and help us!" we looked to our left to see the troll swinging his bat at us. letting out a scream, i ducked down and pulled hermione down with me. i ran out of the stall and went to go hide underneath a sink, but was grabbed by the troll.

"put me down, you big sack of disgusting meat!" i was banging my fists on the trolls hand trying to get it to put me down, but to no avail.

"swish and flick!" hermione was yelling at ron as the said boy was looking completely flabbergasted whilst he was pointing his wand at the trolls bat. he said the spell and the bat started floating. i closed my eyes too afraid to see what was going to happen next. i heard a very quiet thud and felt myself falling. oh lord, here it is. my end.

"i gotcha!" came the sound of one the professors. i winced knowing we were all going to get into trouble. i felt myself land softly before i stood up and went to stand next to the other three. we all looked at the gaggle of professors. each one of them looked disappointed, but mostly mcgonagall.

"what all four of you did was extremely lucky. how you managed to defeat a troll is far beyond my knowledge. however each and everyone of you will be getting fifty points taken from you . . . but thirty points will be rewarded to you for bravery and skill to work together." we all breathed a sigh of relief. i didn't really gain much points back, but at least i didn't get a lot taken from me either. i left the lavatory after all of them and my way to the common room. once in it, i was met with marcus looking extremely worried.

"there you are! where were you? did you hear about the troll?" i rose my brow.

"i was in the restroom . . there was a troll?" he nodded and i shook my head. "i didn't hear about a troll, but are you alright?" he nodded again and pulled me into a hug. i returned the hug and then yawned.

"you should probably get some sleep. it must've been a long day for you." i shrugged, but nodded none the less.

"it was, but i am tired. i'll see you tomorrow marcus, goodnight." he kissed my head and i made my way up to my room. this school was full of surprises.

---

i apologize for the really long break in between the update, but here i am with a chappie and i hope it's good

i apologize for the really long break in between the update, but here i am with a chappie and i hope it's good. also, i wanna thank everyone for over 300 reads! votes, comments, and feedback are appreciated!