Doodles

"That looks wonderful Marinette!" Tikki beamed as she watched Marinette finish the details on a sketchpad she was making. The bluenette smiled at her kwami. 

The sketchpad was similar to her own. She had given in a black cat theme, not specifically Chat Noir, just black cats in general. 

She had caught Adrien doodling a few times in the classes they had together. 

Some of them were silly, some were cute and some had speech bubbles with something important their teacher said. 

She had asked him if he did them to help him study, but he said he didn't. Yes, they were nice to have for some notes, but he did them out of boredom. 

They were small and often in the corner of his notes. He didn't erase them and made sure not to have them on anything he was turning in. 

Marinette wanted to give him something he could freely doodle in. So, she began working on making him a sketchpad. It took her a while, as she had sketched several ideas in her own sketchpad. 

In the end, she decided to go with a black cat theme, inspired the many black cats Adrien drew during their game of Pictionary with Alya and Nino. She thought of Ladybug at first, but thought she would be pushing it, as she had already given him the onesie based off Ladybug. 

It took her a few days to have everything set and assembled. 

She held the sketchpad up. 

The cover was black and had three cats doodled on it in white. Simple, but cute. 

On the spine, she wrote out "MEOW OwO"

She added in a bookmark, a single white ribbon with a silver bell. And the button on the clasp that held the book shut had a cat paw print. 

"Do you think he'll love it?" She asked Tikki. 

Tikki nodded, "He'll be so happy with it Marinette. You can draw together, now, too!" 

Marinette gasped with delight. 

She put the sketchpad down and set to wrap it up. She set it in her backpack, right next to her own sketchpad. 

She would give it to Adrien tomorrow as soon as she saw him. 

...........................................................................................................

Marinette couldn't hold back her smile. 

Adrien was currently surrounded by their friends, each admiring the sketchpad Marinette had made for him. 

"You draw?"

"I doodle, actually."

"Cool, we should have a day where we draw together. Marinette can come too, we can bounce ideas off each other!"

"Sounds fun, let me know when!"

"Wow, Marinette, think I could have one?"

"Can you make me one!"

"You're incredible Marinette!" 

She just continued to smile. 

Adrien was her brother. Honorary at the moment, but one day, he would truly be her brother. 

He could try to repay her, but she wouldn't accept it. 

He was family, he didn't have to repay her for making him a gift. 

She did it before, and she would continue to do so.