Move Part IV

"What do we do?" 

Marinette paced before her friends. Her hands ran through her bangs with every turn.

"I mean, he's gone, is it too soon to call him? Should I call him? I'm gonna call him-"

"Marinette!" 

She looked up, Luka placed his hand on her shoulder, "Breathe. It hasn't been too long. I miss him as well. I want him back just as much as you do."

Marinette nodded slowly, before sinking down onto the couch in the boat's living room. She and her friends had gathered at the Couffaine's home. 

She looked around, none of the others spoke. 

"I just...I wish we had more time. I wish, I wish his father hadn't decided for it to be so, so, sudden, you know?"

"I know. Part of me regrets not keeping Adrien here. Part of me wonders if this is the way things were meant to be."

"That isn't true," Kagami spoke up, making her way over to the two teens, "Adrien wouldn't want either of you feeling discouraged. Perhaps we should call, if nothing more than to just see if he has...adjusted." 

Alya jumped up from her seat, tablet in hand, "Kagami, I like your idea. Who's in?" 

She held up her tablet, smiling at the following calls of agreements. 

Marinette and Luka shared a smile. This was just like last time. And maybe this time, this time Adrien will see them. 

........................................

Alya looked through all the videos. She had created a small playlist of each of Adrien's friends sending him a message. And like before, she left a specific person's message for last. 

Or rather, a specific duo's for last. 

Marinette and Luka had both filmed a separate video, but had also filmed one together. 

She was tempted to watch it. 

But she didn't. 

Everything was set. 

"Please work," she whispered as she hit 'send.'

..........................................

From the Graham de Vanily household, laughter could be heard. 

Adrien smiled at the girl before him. 

She reminded him of Marinette. 

"You got punched in the face?!" She snorted as Felix huffed. 

"Yes, yes," he waved a hand at her, "stop laughing Bridge." 

"Don't call me Bridge!!"

"I'll call you whatever I want, BRIDGE." 

Adrien smiled as he watched his cousin and his friend, Bridgette, argue. 

He looked at his phone, letting the two continue their argument. He hesitated. He wanted to call his friends. To call Luka and Marinette at least. 

After Felix had left, he had collapsed, falling asleep. 

But now? Was it, too soon? Should he wait more? What time was it in Paris again? 

"Are you going to answer that?" 

Adrien snapped out of his train of thoughts. 

He had one message. Just one.

From....Alya?

"Well?" Bridgette asked. "Maybe it was a group thing or something, like last time. Only this time, I am here to make sure Fefe-"