Animals We Love

Marinette and Adrien were spending some time together. They were at Marinette's secret garden of inspiration. Adrien was doodling away while Marinette worked on some designs. 

Looking over at what Adrien was doodling, she couldn't help but awe. 

On the page, were several hamsters. 

"I love hamsters!" She said. 

Adrien beamed at her, "I love them, too! I could never have a pet at the manor. So, as a kid, my mom would take me to shelters and I would "help" them out by playing with the animals."

Marinette giggled. "Mom and dad said we couldn't get a pet since we live above the bakery. It could cause issues for us and we wouldn't have much time to take care of one, but one day, I am adopting a hamster or two.....maybe three." 

Adrien let out a small laugh at that. He could see that happening. 

The two continued to draw for a while. 

Adrien stopped in his doodle of a poodle. Turning his gaze to Marinette, he asked, "Any other animals you like?"

Marinette nodded quickly, "Dogs are amazing! I was actually scared of them, when I was a kid. One bit me when I was about...6 or 7, so I thought all dogs were just really scary and would always bite you. It took a while for me to get over my fear, and once I did, I tried to convince my parents to get a dog. What about you?"

"I like dogs, but I'm more of a cat person-"

"I can tell," Marinette jokingly lifted the pages of his sketchpad, looking at one of the many pages filled with doodles of nothing but cats. 

"Hey!" Adrien laughed, shoving her away, "I also like birds, despite my obvious allergy." 

Marinette nodded. 

"How about insects? Any you like? Maybe...ladybugs?"

Adrien snorted, "I was thinking more like, spiders-"

"First off, eww. Second, spiders aren't insects!"

"Says you, but I was joking. I like bees."

"Ladybugs are better."

"Bees give you honey!"

"Ladybugs give you luck!"

Sketchpads were closed and held tightly in one hand. 

The two shoved each other, laughing as they did so. They ignored the looks they were getting from people passing by. 

They were too busy having fun with this. Where at times, they found out they liked the same animals, such as the hamsters, there were times they had opposing views on specific types, such as the insects. 

Aside from that, animals that came up were:

Pandas, koalas, snakes, turtles, foxes, bears in general, tigers, fish, dolphins and whales, and rodents. 

Panting, Adrien looked at Marinette, "You know..."

Marinette hummed.

"We may not have a pet, but we could find a shelter and offer our services..."

"YES! LETS GO!!" 

Marinette quickly shoved her and Adrien's sketchpad in their bags. She grabbed Adrien by the arm, pulled him up and pointed to the sky, "Lead the way, cat boy!"

Adrien just laughed and began walking. 

If they were going to do this, they might as well go to the library to research any and all shelters in Paris. 

They couldn't have pets yet. 

But this was a solution both could have fun with and feel good about.