Date Watch: First Date

Marinette narrowed her eyes before she ducked behind a bush. 

"Marinette, don't you think this is a bit...much?" Tikki asked from her place in Marinette's bag. 

"Of course not," she replied. "Tikki, as Adrien's sister, it's my job to make sure he's fine. Especially on dates."

Tikki sighed, and peered over the bag and through the bush.

While it wasn't the best view, she could see them clearly.

Luka and Adrien. They were out on their first, technically not, date. 

Marinette had insisted on following them. And thus, began their adventure of following the two boyfriends around and making sure they weren't seen. 

Tikki had tried to talk Marinette out of it, but her holder had been rather insistant.

"What if Luka hurts him Tikki?" She had asked. "What if he and Luka have a fight and break up? I need to be there for him. What-"

"- if his father finds out about him dating Luka? And he's against his son dating him? Because he's secretly homophobic and doesn't want a gay son. So he makes sure Adrien doesn't get to see him and decides to pull him out of school and keeps him hidden away in his manor like he's a princess awaiting her knight in shining armor to come rescue her, but he can't because there's no way in-" Marinette cut off Tikki's thoughts. The kwami floated up to her holders face and tapped it a bit. 

"Marinette," she said, her voice clear and her tone sharp, "they'll be okay. Gabriel Agreste won't be a problem. I don't think he's homophobic. Besides, he knows already."

"But Tikki," Marinette sighed as she looked over the bush. She smiled slightly when she saw Luka jab Adrien playfully, getting the blond to laugh, "I want Adrien to be happy. And so far, his father hasn't done much to make him happy. And I know, I know, but he didn't say anything, so he's probably still processing it or didn't believe them."

"It's really nice of you to look out for Adrien, Marinette. But he has Luka now. He has you. He has Nino and Alya and Chloe. He has so many people who want to see him happy, not just you. Yes, you're doing a wonderful thing, but I have no doubts that Adrien would find a way to see Luka if his father did try to break them up. You have nothing to worry about."

"But I do. Family worries for one another. So, I have to make sure..."

Tikki sighed once again. 

Looking at her, Marinette's smile softened. 

She tucked her kwami into her purse and left the bush and the boys she was watching.

"Marinette?"

"You were right Tikki. Adrien will be fine. But today is only date number one. I won't watch them. Much. But-"

Tikki smiled, "just give them space Marinette. You need to care for yourself, too."

Marinette nodded. She looked back one last time. Luka and Adrien hadn't noticed her. She wondered if she should go over. Pretend she was passing by. But thinking over what Tikki said, she decided not to. She would have her chance some other date. For now, however, she was content with how the date was going. Adrien was in good hands. She trusted Luka. 

A/N "Date Watch" is going to be a recurring one-shot theme. It won't always be Marinette. 

As to how Gabriel reacts to Adrien dating Luka, I'm not sure how I want it to go. I kinda want him to overreact but at the same time I want to keep it as he just didn't care/was disinterested in who his son was dating. So, let me know. Should Gabriel's thoughts change or should they stay the same? Overreact or I don't care/I'm not interested?