8. Recovery

(POV: Rob)

I, Rob, soon returned to my senses. I looked around and saw nothing but disaster. There were plenty of different ghosts all flying in every direction. The distinct feature of these ghosts was their lack of pupils, and therefore their mindlessness. Of course, I don't have pupils, but that it is due to my superiority to the new ghosts who often do, of course! Where had I just been? Ah yes, I thought, I was by the Dark Mo-

That's when my brilliant mind reminded me that the Dark Moon was likely gone, and so I searched and, yes, the Dark Moon could no longer be seen as one whole. Plenty of fragments were lying around, but I knew - as I have previously stated to you - the moon had been lost without any way of being fixed.

What I did spot? A blue and a red-figure which I assumed to be my new acquaintances were visible in the distance. I swam my way through the air towards them before I noticed something was very wrong. These ghosts, too, had no pupils. This meant that I was the last mindful ghost.

This came to no surprise to me because I am, of course, one of the most gifted ghosts in the whole world! I'm so gifted that the Dark Moon's presence means nothing to me. I have so much pure talent that, if I were given the opportunity, I could eradicate King Boo and his entire army with no trouble at all. For I am I ghost and they would never suspect, a ghost to infiltrate their forces with the intent of forever destroying the boo that caused the mindlessness of so many. And I would become a hero and everybody would chant my nam-

What is that? I was asking this to myself as I looked down at the purple crystal embedded within me. It took me no time at all to figure out that it was a fragment of the Dark Moon. I supposed that that may have contributed slightly to my mind's ability to work correctly.

At this point, some ghosts (a greenie and a couple of garbage can ghosts to be precise) began to surround me. They obviously, too, noticed my new jewel.

"Shoo!" I told them. They didn't take notice and circled in closer. Well, I asked myself, what can they do? I'm the best there is. They wouldn't be able to do anything to me without a great struggle. And then I- I managed to get past all three of them.

I began to move towards my comrades as I was going to do prior to being interrupted by those blockheads. And then I stopped and rattled around my amazing mind of mine and figured that I could use the Dark Moon shards to bring them back to their correct state.

I turned and began to head towards where I saw I could collect a few shards from, completely avoiding the three ghosts. Once there, I found a couple of shards (plus a few extra because my superior intelligence figured that they would be useful in times to come) and placed them within myself until I returned again to my adventure towards my companions. This was gonna be easy!