16. Green Light

(POV: Plug)

It was fair to say that Rob's outburst took me by surprise. It took that moment to make me remember that I still don't know who Rob is. He's somebody new. I've known him for a few days and we're acting like we've known each other for years. But, does it really work like that?

Unless you've failed to notice, I am less than half a year old in terms of presence within this world. Until I met Rob and Grunt, I hadn't tried to connect with anyone. Then I look at Rob. He's much older; he still seems to struggle with these things I struggle with. Grunt, on the other hand, I haven't had any chance to investigate. Whilst I know that he's younger than Rob, I have no idea where he lies in comparison to me. He seemed so relaxed when it came to talking to us, but seemed to hold lots of fear.

I remained where Rob had left me. I wandered in my own thoughts. I questioned everything. As far as I could see it, maybe the trio who beat us up had a point. It was our fault that Boolossus was unleashed. No, it was my fault. I got the machine working and Rob and Grunt only did things they saw as helping the mistake I had made.

It's all my fault. I was hoping for a helping hand in my thoughts from Rob, but he seemed to be as hopeless as me in this dire situation. Grunt was gone. The professor was kidnapped. Sanity across Evershade Valley was almost driven to nothing. And what could we do about it? There was nothing and nobody who could help.

In frustration, I attempted to sleep. When I opened my eyes - it must have been a long time after - I no longer had any doubt about what we had to do. We had to fin$&; !+()  %$#' ??$ $+

(POV: ???)

...

...

...

OPENING PROTOCOL

...

EMERGENCY OPERATION ENGAGED

...

...

The chair span around; nobody sat on it. The lights began to flash on in an instance, creating a spark of energy across the whole room. The sound of machinery spread around. No people. No ghosts.

...

...

PAINTINGS: 0

GHOSTS: 0

BOOS: 0

...

...

...

The lights turned off. The room remained in darkness and everything began to shut down to a degree even more than before. Doors were deadlocked; the vault was inaccessible permanently. And after moments of nothing, there was one noise.

"Beep."

It was a quiet sound. It could only be heard from one place.

"Beep."

It repeated itself. After a few moments, there was nothing left. No noise, no more machinery. Nothing...

...except for a small, soft, blinking, green light.

ACTIVATE CODE GREEN