10. Reunited (Part 2)

(POV: Plug)

Wasn't this so familiar? The first time we had seen Grunt was when he was somehow losing the effect of the Dark Moon. It wasn't at all strange to once again see him terrorising the land. I looked over at Rob, knowing that a crystal would do the trick when it came to bringing back Grunt's friendliness.

"You hold him and I'll use a shard on him." Rob quickly stated, not allowing me to contribute. I was fine with this given the importance of cooperation at that moment in time, so I did as asked. I dashed over as quickly as I could and attempted to grab him. Unfortunately, slammers are pretty strong ghosts and he managed to use his magical fist to send me flying towards the distant ground.

I eventually picked myself up, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to reach Grunt and Rob for some time and I feared for what could've happened without me. I should've shocked him, I thought to myself. But I couldn't have. After all, he's Grunt. Then again, I've shocked him twice already before the Dark Moon was...down.

I began to make my way back.

---

(POV: Rob)

I sighed. Of course, you can't hold down a Slammer, I thought to myself. In case you're wondering, yes, I'm the tremendous Rob. I knew that it was because of my awfully simple plan that Plug had been knocked out of the battle. Couldn't he have zapped him?

I needed to think quickly. How do you place a shard inside of a ghost as powerful as Grunt? I had almost completely forgotten the power emitted by 'stripy' ghosts. This put me at a huge disadvantage. Fortunately, I am the best ghost of all and couldn't simply be defeated by a Slammer-

I was within his hands being held in moments. I had obviously been contemplating my next move for too long. Perhaps this was a good opportunity? After a few moments, I managed to grab a shard and I readied myself to stab it into Grunt in order to return his life to him, but the opportunity didn't come. As he tried to do the same thing that he did to Plug, I launched the crystal, as if a dart towards him. Did it land? I couldn't say for sure. As I became distanced from Grunt, I could no longer see him and he could no longer see us.

---

(POV: Plug)

I watched in uncertainty as Rob plummeted down to where I was. "Did you save him?" I asked impatiently. He stopped for a few moments before he replied.

"I don't know." He answered in an almost angry tone. I continued to swim upwards towards where they were. Rob didn't follow for a few moments. I could tell how unimpressed he was with himself, but he shouldn't have felt this way because Grunt is a powerful ghost and we just have to remember that sometimes.

Sometime later, we'd reached the area where we had spotted Grunt. Nothing. He was gone with no evidence of being mindful or mindless. It was possible that we would never see Grunt again.