9. Reunited (Part 1)

(POV: Rob)

Of course, it would be me to stay sane through this whole event. Only I could bring them all back!

Upon my arrival, Grunt was - to say the least - angry. I figured that the Dark Moon allowed more freedom with the emotions of ghosts. Unless I manage to get these shards to them, I thought to myself, they're destined to be controlled by these emotions forever. All this focus on Grunt seemed to make me lose focus my other follower, Plug. More or less, he seemed to send one of those electrical pulses of his into me.

Almost immediately, I imagine, I returned. I looked around until I saw Plug behind me. Grunt appeared to be in a different location to where I was present. Still inside of my body was my plan in the form of the shards. At first, Plug didn't notice me; this did not last long. I plucked one of the shards from myself in preparation for my incredibly smart plan as he began to move closer and closer towards my excellence. Previously frozen in place, I dashed forward and staked the shard through and into his body. His eyes vanished. I hoped for success in my plan.

"Plug?"

---

(POV: Plug)

Colours swept through the dark skies above us. Every individual ghost was causing havoc across the world, I assumed. King Boo was not only now King Boo but Ruler of the world as we knew it.

Couldn't I have known more of the world? I can't be older than one year based on my calculations. Only recently had I figured out the fact that night shouldn't be everlasting and that daylight should reign. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I never had a chance in my ambitions to travel anywhere or do anything. I never touched the light of day. Maybe the Dark Moon isn't a good thing. Maybe it is the cause of the pain I'm having.

"Plug?" I distantly heard a voice calling a familiar name. Was it mine? I couldn't say for sure. "Plug?" Yes, I had chosen this name. Had I? Who could know that name more than me? A friend, perhaps? Who were they? David? Tanya?

R o b.

My vision seemed to reunite with my mind as it began to focus on the green figure before me. "Rob!" I repeated happily.

"Plug." He returned to me in a less happy voice, though his smile let his real emotions seep through. I looked around for a moment and wondered where our other friend had wandered off to. "How was mindlessness?" Rob asked me. This genuinely took me aback. I and Grunt had watched the Dark Moon shatter. What followed that? Upon briefly searching with my eyes for Grunt and the Dark Moon, I saw nothing but crystals; this was what was left of the Dark Moon, I guessed. So this was what the end looked like. I also noticed that one of these crystals had been placed within my ghostplasm.

Seeing I was clearly confused, Rob thankfully seemed to decide it best to give me an explanation to the situation. "If I am mistaken- Not mistaken, the moon shards work like the moon does just on particular Ro- Ghosts." He stated, before growling after every mistake he made, which was at least twice. I noticed at this point, too, that a few shards remained in him. We needed to get our priorities straight.

"Grunt?" I asked simply in order to not make the same mistakes as Rob. He nodded as if he already understood, and we began our search.