Chapter 6: The First Mission

Ezra stood in front of Tony who was displaying pictures of what almost looked like a devaronian. Ezra was briefed.

He was called Daredevil and the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. He had been fighting crime from long before Spider-man started, and he could come in extremely handy if they ever found themselves in an alliance. The problem was that they didn't know where exactly he was. He and Peter were ordered to find him. Ezra managed to grab himself a helmet from the Stardestroyer on the way out. They were airdropped onto one of the buildings at Hell's Kitchen and they began to search. Spider-man swung from building to building, while Ezra leapt from building to building. After several minutes, they had to stop at the same building. Ezra sensed somebody sinister below them. He looked down to the street and saw a group of armed men filing into the building they were standing on.

"Is this building abandoned?" Ezra asked Peter.

"Yeah," he replied, "it's supposed to be."

"Then why did armed men just walk into it?"

Spider-man fired a web at am access vent and ripped the cover off.

"Well, let's find out."

They both crawled through the vent and arrived at a large central room.

"Let's keep it moving!" A voice commanded, "If Daredevil of Spider-man come here because you were too slow, then I'll shoot you myself!"

Spider-man and Ezra got a great look at the person leading this operation: he was gray. Not only his hair, but his skin as well. He was somewhat well dressed, but something about him was off.

"Give us a break!" Shouted one of the underlings, "These crates are heavy! If you were so worried about them, why don't you help out!"

The man walked over to his underling  and grabbed his left arm, straightened it out, and broke it in the forearm in a swift motion. The thug screamed in pain. It grabbed its gun and shot the man in the head. Only for the shot to fall from his face to the ground, flattened. The man grabbed his under ling's head, and in a swift motion, snapped its neck to where its face was completely backwards everything Peter and Ezra had to not vomit.

"Any other grievances?"

"No, Tombstone," they said one at a time.

"Tombstone?" Peter whispered, "I've heard that name before."

"You have?" Ezra asked.

"Only occasionally when I'd drop off petty criminals to the police. They'd occasionally talk about how they found another empty hideout that belonged to Tomnstone. There was nothing concrete, but there were always rumors."

"Well, what are they shipping?"

"I don't know. Drugs, guns, money, stolen tech... I'm not sure."

"Well, how about we bust them up?"

Ezra grabbed the grate they were looking through and dropped it enough for Peter to get through, holding onto the grate with the Force.

"I'll keep them occupied while you take Tombstone down," Peter whispered.

"Shouldn't we both deal with the goons and take down Tombstone together?"

"Yeah, that's a better idea. I'll take those ones over there, you take these ones down here."

They both heard something slam into the vehicle. Ezra briefly let the grate go before grabbing it with the Force when it was only inches from the ground. He set it down. They both looked at the van they were loading and saw all the goons and Tombstone walking toward it. They both decided to just go down and take them down.

Ezra pulled one of the back goons toward them, and landed a punch that knocked it out. Peter shot a web line at another one in the back on its head and pulled back, sending it down hard, knocking it out. Three goons turned around, guns raised. Ezra ripped them out of their hands with the Force, but that didn't prevent one from shouting that they'd been compromised. All of the goons turned and charged Ezra and Peter. Tombstone continued forward to investigate who knocked out who. Ezra was Force pushing and pulling many goons while Peter was leaping and flipping over gunshots, shooting his webs to incapacitate the goons.

After only about a minute Tombstone was the only one left. He turned around after hearing the commotion die and sauntered over, fists raised. Out of nowhere a club flew into the back of his head. He turned and all three of them saw him: the Devil of Hell's Kitchen himself, Daredevil. Tombstone was caught between heroes, but he wasn't afraid. He charged Ezra straightaway, but Ezra grabbed him with the Force and just held him up in the air. Peter and Daredevil both took turns landing punches in an attempt to knock him out, but for some reason that they couldn't figure out, nothing worked. Ezra decided to slam him into the ground, which seemed to work. Thankfully, to Peter and Daredevil, he wasn't dead.

"So," Daredevil said after a couple minutes of silence, "who's your friend?"

Next part coming soon.