Chapter 9: Prison Break

Tony had been following them for a couple of hours. Ezra, Daisy, Thor, and Steve were in the quinjet only minutes away from base. They were seeing through Tony's helmet where they were going. Out of nowhere, they heard a screeching and he began to fall out of the sky. They briefly saw a TIE fighter behind him and knew what happened: somehow, the TIE got behind him and shot his jets. They also saw the ships all turn around.

"Guys," Tony said into the comms, "I think they're going back to the Raft. Warn T'Challa. "

Daisy did exactly that. Tony ended up crashing in the middle of the woods that they were searching for Thrawn. After quickly picking up Tony, the quinjet turned around to head back for the raft. Everyone knew that they would probably not arrive in time.

***

They were indeed correct in their belief. They came back to see death and destruction everywhere. To make matters worse, all of the villains were free and they had their weapons and tech back. Ezra checked the recordings in the prison blocks. As he thought, it was Thrawn who was freeing them. He checked the hangar recordings after all of them were free. Thrawn was in front of all of them, speaking loud enough to be heard.

"If you would all calm down, please," he shouted, "I am Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Galactic Empire. I am here to request your assistance in a matter of galactic security."

"Whatever you're offering," said a big metal suit, "I'm not interested unless I can kill Tony Stark."

"Of course, Mr. Stane," Thrawn replied calmly, "in due time."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," said a man with blonde hair, "why do you get to kill him? He ruined my life, too!"

"I should be the one to kill Tony," said another man in a metal suit, "his father took everything from mine."

"Mr. Vanko, Mr. Killian," Thrawn replied, "you three will get your opportunity to exact vengeance. But first, you must help me."

"Whatever this Kree is offering," said the nautolan-like being, "I have no interest. The Kree are my mortal enemy."

"Alvius," Thrawn clarified, "I am no 'Kree'. I am a Chiss."

"Whatever this talk of aliens leads to," said a man who seemed to he struggling to keep his cool, "there is little interest for me."

"I doubt that, Blonsky," Thrawn said, "if you all help me, I can guarantee that you can do as you wish without the Avengers interfering."

"I'll only join if I can get an army," the droid said, "then I will come back here and raze this planet to the ground."

"All in due time, Ultron," Thrawn responded, "what of the rest of you?"

One by one they boarded the Lambda shuttle. Ezra described what had happened to Steve, Thor, Tony, and Daisy. They all went back to the hangar, where T'Challa arrived a few seconds later, rubbing his temples.

"We must make sure they do not leave this planet," he said, "who knows what they could do free."

"If they're with Thrawn," Ezra replied, "they're probably going to be unleashed against the Rebellion."

"Alright," Steve said, "our number one priority is tracking them down. We do that, we stop whatever Thrawn has planned."

"I will head back to the forest," Thor said, "and see if there is anything that can help us find their base camp."

He flew off. Everyone else, including T'Challa, went into the quinjet and flew back to base at full speed. Once back, the rest of the Avengers were called together and briefed on what happened at the Raft. Everyone was given assignments to gather forces. Ant-man had to inform the Wasp on what was happening, Spider-man was to tell Daredevil and the others, Daisy needed to update the organization she worked for while also gathering powered allies that she had made, and Wanda was to go to Doctor Strange and let him know of the situation. T'Challa decided to return to Wakanda to inform his people of a possible war to come. After everyone had gotten their assignments and left, F.R.I.D.A.Y. was alerted to something entering their planet's orbit. Tony and Ezra looked at the display and saw a tall ship. Ezra felt a pair of very familiar connections inside.

Is it, He thought, is it her? Has she finally found me?

The ship flew straight for the facility.

"Prepare for combat," Tony said, "we have incoming."

"No," Ezra said, "wait! I think I know who it is!"

Ezra ran to the lawn and waited. A couple minutes later, it landed. A ramp lowered and out ran a person in purple and yellow metal armor wearing a similar helmet. The person stopped right outside the ship and removed the helmet, revealing the person to be a woman. She and Ezra just stared at each other.

"Ezra?" She said in disbelief, "is it really you?"

"Sabine," he replied, "it's me."

They ran at each other at full force. They slammed into each other, locked in a strong hug and a long kiss. She had found him.

Yay! Sabine's here now!

Next part coming soon.