~Chapter 4~

Kaylee heard someone knock on her door. She looked up from her phone and got off of her bed. She pulled the fuzzy white strings that held her freshly washed bathrobe in place tighter so that the piece of fabric hugged her waist comfortably before she opened the door. The figure that was standing in front of her now, woke up the butterflies in her stomach.

"Hi," the redhead greeted her with a small smile. "Am I still allowed to join you in bed tonight?" she said awkwardly which made Kaylee giggle. "I-I'm sorry that sounded better in my head..." "Baby, don't be nervous, you're alright," she pulled her best friend in for a hug.

---

Ten minutes later, the two girls were laughing on the older girl's bed: "And then Quincy drop-" "-dropped the milkshake!" Danielle finished Kaylee's sentence. They fell back next to each other, staring at the ceiling. "My abs hurt," Danielle groaned in between laughs, holding her stomach. When she calmed down, she spoke: "Speaking of Quincy; I forgot my toothbrush, so I'm gonna ask him if he can drop it off later." Kaylee nodded slightly.

When she hit 'send', the auburn-haired girl looked to her right, studying the brunette's profile. Beginning with her eyes and ending with her lips.

Again, those lips. Those damn full lips. The ones she couldn't help but imagine kissing. All day, all night and everything in between.

"Is there something on my lips?" Kaylee asked. "I'm... sorry," Danielle managed to whisper, her gaze still glued to her best friend's lips. She couldn't help it. At that very moment, she remembered why she rejected Kaylee's offer to have this sleepover. She cursed under her breath and prayed to God this would end well.

The younger girl closed her eyes and sighed. "Don't fall asleep already," Kaylee giggled, getting up from the bed to grab the remote of the TV. Danielle opened her eyes again, curious about what the other girl was doing. She found it adorable to see her in that slightly oversized bathrobe.

When the brunette sank back into the soft pillows on her king-size bed, she started the device and opened YouTube. "You remember when I told you about how much I love those unexplained murder-mystery video's on YouTube?" Kaylee spoke. Danielle tried to remember when her friend told her this a few months ago. "Yeah! I remember. Are you suggesting we watch some of those right now?" Danielle noticed Kaylee grinning at her. "I'll take that as a yes," she smiled.

When the older girl started one of the episodes, she put the remote down and nudged her best friend to come closer. Kaylee pulled the hesitating auburn-haired girl closer and laid her right next to her. The brunette wrapped her arm around the shorter girl and allowed her to rest her head on her chest.

Danielle's stomach felt like it was about to explode with butterflies. Kaylee and she had never done this before. This was totally new, and it felt like Cupid shot about 10 love arrows at once, right into her heart. With that being said: Danielle liked this. Her focus wasn't on the TV, her focus was darted all over her crush.

Danielle jumped about... her own height (that sounds reasonable) when a loud scream was heard on TV, causing her head to hit Kaylee's jaw, making her bite her tongue and earning a high-pitched and painful moan from the brunette.

"Omg! Are you okay?!" Danielle sounded genuinely worried, because she was, of course. Her eyes were wide open. It felt like she just threw the relaxing vibe that was in the air out of the window. She paused the episode and thought about how she could be this clumsy.

"Open your mouth, let me see," Danielle spoke softly when she noticed Kaylee still held her jaw tightly, wiping her lips to check if she wasn't bleeding. Danielle sat up straight, right in front of Kaylee and took her hands away from her mouth. "I'm so sorry," she said while checking if she was alright. "It's okay," the brunette spoke softly when her best friend was done making sure she wasn't injured. Danielle smiled at her; "Your tongue is bleeding a bit..." she whispered, her mouth getting dry when she noticed how close their faces were. She got lost in Kaylee's big beautiful eyes. She swore she saw the brown orbs flutter down to her lips for a split second.

"I'll get you a glass of water," Danielle spoke with a raspy voice when she surprised herself with the fact that she broke their eye contact. "Okay," Kaylee whispered, even tho she knew Danielle was already too far away to be able to notice her response.

A minute later, Danielle walked back into the room, handing her friend the glass of water. The auburn-haired girl earned a soft but genuine smile in response. After Kaylee washed the gross taste of blood away, she took the remote back in her hands and put on some music. 'Girls' by Girl in Red started blasting through the four boxes, who were located in the room. One was hidden in every corner.

"You'll love this song as much as I do, I can feel it!" Kaylee told the younger girl. She started singing along with that melodic voice and pure smile of enjoyment on her face:

*They're so pretty, it hurts. I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls. They're so pretty with their button-up shirts...*

If that wasn't gay, Danielle didn't know what was.

The two just stared each other in the eyes while Kaylee continued to sing along, sharing genuine smiles and giggles from time to time.

---

"That was... lovely," Danielle spoke softly. That sentence made Kaylee blush. "Thank you," she whispered. The brunette bit her lip, which didn't go unnoticed by the younger girl. Kaylee caught the girl in front of her staring at her bottom lip, which was captured between her teeth. She wondered what the auburn-haired girl in front of her was thinking about. Let's just say that her thoughts were on the mature side.

The older girl released her bottom lip from the grip her teeth had on it and crawled closer to her best friend until their lips were only hovering over each other. Danielle closed her eyes and desperately tried to connect their lips, only for the older girl to widen the gap between them. Danielle opened her eyes again and noticed the smirk on her crush's lips. Brown eyes met blue again. Filled with lust, this time.

The brunette fell back and rested her head on the cushions, her eyes not leaving the blue ones. Danielle hesitated a few seconds, but followed, straddling Kaylee's hips with her thighs. She placed her hands next to the brunette's head, one to the left and one to the right.

Danielle checked Kaylee out openly. From her beautiful eyes to the porcelain skin of her neck and further down, to the part of her breasts that was revealed because of the white strings who were hanging loosely around her waist once again. The feeling of those big blue orbs scanning her body made Kaylee's cheeks heat up.

She realized that this was exactly what she had craved this whole time, and it was about to get even better.

The brunette tucked a strand of hair behind the younger girl's ear. Kaylee watched her best friend lean in. Pure lust was seen in the girl's eyes. This was it. It was about to happen. These seconds were going to change everything.

This single moment felt like a thousand hours, and Kaylee's eyes spoke more than a thousand words: Two knocks cut the tension.

Quincy.