~Chapter 5~

Kaylee shot Danielle a questioning look and whisper-shouted: "Who's that?" "Quincy," Danielle answered, stress clearly pressing on her vocals. It took Kaylee a second to realize what their best friend was doing here.

Three knocks, this time. The girls both darted their eyes on the door and hastily got off of each other. They ran to the door and Danielle opened it with hurried movements. Quincy stood in the doorframe, with Danielle's electric toothbrush in his hands.

What the boy saw, surprised him. He expected to see two girls with freshly painted nails, braided hair and some kind of sweet-scenting, sticky facemask (which he didn't know the purpose of) on while being dressed in cute taco- or pizza pajama's, but what he actually saw, was very different from that: he was greeted by two girls with red faces, messy hair and...

"Woah, Kaylee... Your bathrobe." Kaylee looked down and noticed that the annoying fuzzy strings were hanging loosely, once again, revealing the inner curves of her breasts and the grey lace of her subtle lingerie. She turned around and readjusted the strings, giving Quincy the chance to study Danielle, who was still staring at the boy in the doorframe like he was a ghost.

She just stood there, eyes wide open, arms simply swaying by her sides, uncomfortably, and the thing that gave the act all away: jaw tight. Danielle only clenched her jaw when she had something to hide, and, of course, the now curious boy knew that.

"Spill," was all the boy said, right after Kaylee turned back around, with a bathrobe that was now very tightly adjusted around her waist, highlighting her curves. "Spi-," Kaylee cleared her throat, "Spill what?", she spoke with her most innocent voice possible, adding a sweet smile.

Quincy pointed the electric toothbrush, which he was still holding, directly to Danielle: "You want this toothbrush, or what?" Kaylee mocked Quincy's voice: "Yeah, of course, she wants that toothbrush, giv-", the brunette tried to snatch the toothbrush away from the boy. "Not before you tell me what's going on, Ka-" They continued bickering for some while, not giving each other time to speak.

"Guys! Shut up!", Danielle hissed when she was done with the two. The duo stopped arguing and both focussed on Danielle, after throwing each other some more dirty looks. Danielle wasn't worried about the tension between her two best friends since this happens all the time: they argue, don't talk to each other for an hour or two and then they make each other laugh, causing the tension to disappear like a puff of smoke, forgiven and forgotten. The shorter girl sighed and spoke up: "Nothing happened, Quincy." Danielle gave herself a mental high-five for practically not lying.

---

"Bye Quincy! Thank you for the toothbrush!", Kaylee almost sang. When the brunette got back into her apartment and got seated on her couch, Danielle closed the door and leaned against it. She closed her eyes and sighed out of relief that this time, she was stronger than Quincy and was able to keep her mouth shut, not giving Kaylee and her's little secret the chance to escape.

"I totally get it if you want me to leave," Danielle rubbed her eyes, "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable... o-or mad... or anything else, o-" "Baby, you're ranting," the brunette giggled. That melodic sound released a dozen butterflies in Danielle's stomach, causing her to look down at the floor and smile a soft smile she couldn't control.

The sound of footsteps filled the silent room. When they stopped, Danielle saw Kaylee's grey socks right in front of her. She felt a finger under her chin, lifting her head and forcing her to look in those beautiful, brown, warm eyes. "Do you want this?", Kaylee whispered, while focussing on the lips of the smaller girl in front of her. Danielle nodded softly but surely. The smaller girl's 'Yes' was all Kaylee needed to connect their lips.

'Finally'

was what both of the girls thought. Danielle rested her arms on Kaylee's shoulders. Kaylee broke the kiss after a minute of enjoyment. "Jump," was all she said. That earned a confused look from Danielle, but the brunette spoke, "Baby, just do it."

The smaller girl followed Kaylee's instructions and felt strong arms holding her around her waist after she jumped. She automatically wrapped her legs around Kaylee's waist. Kaylee licked her lips, hinting Danielle that she wanted to resume their kiss. Danielle understood what Kaylee meant to say and leaned down, closing her eyes but pulling back when their lips were only hovering over each other.

Kaylee opened her eyes and chuckled, "You're unbelievable." "I know," was all Danielle answered, adding a wink. "Oh, you are so going to regret this." "Am I now?", Danielle smiled derisively while raising an eyebrow. "Shut up," Kaylee spoke while leaning in, with a begging look in her eyes. Danielle connected their lips once again, forgetting about all their worries and enjoying exploring each other's lips.

The duo peeled off of the door and clumsily tried to get to the couch without disconnecting their lips. Kaylee loved the sweet taste of Danielle's lips and knew that this was all she needed to be happy.

***
I know this is a rather short and messy chapter, but I really don't have a lot of time, so I hope y'all still enjoyed it!
xoxo
chaotic writer girl