~Chapter 6~

Bits of Kaylee's red lip balm were found all over Danielle. A little on her cheek, some on her jawline and even a few prints on her neck, paired with small, red-ish bruises.

It was a pretty cute sight, to be honest. To see our favorite duo sit next to each other, stealing shy glances from time to time, still red-faced from the activity they just witnessed.

"So...", Danielle spoke, sitting on Kaylee's bed, hands on her knees and hair all messed up. "So...", Kaylee mocked, with her bathrobe covering a decent amount of her body.

"That was-" "-awkward," Danielle finished the brunette's sentence, while starting to giggle. She didn't know if it was because of the thought of what happened a few minutes ago or the sight of Kaylee, who sat there, with a bathrobe that was barely holding on to her body and smudged lip balm. Danielle was relieved to see that Kaylee started laughing along.

*30 minutes ago*

While being seated on her lap, Danielle peeled Kaylee's bathrobe off, and now all the brunette could do was look the girl on top of her in the eyes. Little bubbles started forming under Kaylee's skin: goosebumps. They were found on every spot Danielle's fingertips caressed. On her arms, chest, her stomach and even her thighs, too.

Danielle allowed herself to move her face closer to the girl she wanted to resume her kiss with so badly.

Instead of locking their lips, Danielle tucked Kaylee's loose strands of hair behind her ear and moved her lips there. "Do you like this?" she whispered and bit the brunette's earlobe while, with her other hand, coming dangerously close to the clip of her bra.

"I'd like this a whole... lot more i-if you undressed, too." Kaylee succeeded to twist those words out, somehow, while her hot best friend continued to tease her. "O-oh God..." Kaylee moaned softly when she felt Danielle starting to grind on her lower stomach, never so slowly;

"Nevermind, I sure do like this."

Neither of them had an explanation for the sudden thirst for each other, but also; neither of them cared enough to search for an explanation. Kaylee wanted Danielle's body to be hers, but she didn't know why. She just wanted to have it all.

---

The sound of a key in a keyhole was heard. Not a second later, the door unlocked. "Mommy, I'm here!" a fake high-pitched voice broke the silence (plus the sound of soft moaning, wet neck kisses, and panting). A dog's head with curly, white hair popped through the now slightly opened door. "Bodhi?"

Kaylee shot up, causing Danielle to roll off of her, almost falling on the floor. The brunette hastily put on her bathrobe, which was laying messily in a corner of the room. Danielle placed herself next to the flustered brunette, with an uncovered shoulder. Both of them stood so straight, it looked like they were serving for the army. Meanwhile, Kaylee's dad had entered the apartment.

"Hey, dad... Hey Bodhi!" Kaylee spoke, clearly excited, since the last time she saw her dog was about a month or two ago.

"Hey, honey! Oh...Hi, Danielle. I didn't know you'd be here today..." "H-hey... Mister Bryant...", Danielle spoke awkwardly. "Why are you being so weird and... naked... O-oh woah! Bodhi, close your eyes!" Kaylee's dad covered his own eyes with his free hand after realizing what he just barged into.

He laughed awkwardly: "I knew you guys liked each other a lot, but I did not see this coming... I'll leave you two. Come on Bodhi, let's let these two continue!"

Danielle found Mister Bryant an amazing man. He handled everything like he wasn't bothered by it. He was the definition of a 'cool dad'.

*present*

"I totally forgot about him dropping off Bodhi today, I'm sorry," Kaylee sighed. Shame could still be seen on her cheeks, since they looked like they were painted with a dark red color. "Well... You can make it up to me?" Danielle smirked and Kaylee giggled: "I would've never thought you were such a horny girl! No complains, though." Danielle clicked her tongue and winked .

---

Heated makeout sessions. Don't we all love them? Full focus on your husband or wife, fiance, partner, crush or even just your friend. It's such a calming thing to do. No world, no other people, no worries, just you and your companion... and a phone.

Kaylee's phone rang, snapping the two out of the amazing feeling of having nothing but each other. Kaylee parted their lips, leaving a gap between the two girls. Danielle whined at the lack of contact. The brunette picked up her phone and focussed on the screen.

"Unknown number," she sighed and locked her phone, already being hooked on her best friend's tongue again.

Not half a minute later, the two got interrupted by the same unknown number. Kaylee decided to ignore it once again.

"What if it's important?" Kaylee asked Danielle when the unknown number called for the fourth time. "Yeah, or... what if it's a hacker?" Danielle tried to convince Kaylee, just wanting to resume their heated moment together. Kaylee nodded. How important could it be?

The fifth time. Kaylee's ringtone was getting really annoying by now. The two girls broke their kiss once more, looked at each other and Danielle got off of Kaylee. She nodded. "Go ahead, pick up," she told the brunette with a pinch of annoyance in her voice, since they were just getting to the good part.

---

"Hello?" Kaylee's voice sounded raspy, like she just woke up from a really good nap. "Hey," a female voice responded. "It's Tinisha, Quincy's mom." Kaylee pinched the bridge of her nose and cleared her throat: "Oh hey, Tinisha! Everything okay? Why are you calling?"

Danielle's eyes were focussed on Kaylee and she softly smiled at the cute sight of her maybe soon to be girlfriend. On the other side of the phone, Kaylee heard a soft sob: "It's about Quincy..."

Kaylee stood up from next to Danielle (who was trying to listen along) and started pacing around her bed. She didn't like Tinisha's tone. Danielle's eyes seemed worried to Kaylee, like she knew what was coming.

In fact, the younger girl was very alert. A suspicious gut feeling started to build up while she desperately tried to catch a reaction from Kaylee. She heard Tinisha's voice but couldn't understand her words. Kaylee was just looking her in the eyes now. No emotion, just a deadly still stare.

The brunette felt her legs get weak. Like noodles. Like a bucket filled with ice water just came washing down her spine. Before she knew it, she hit her head on the wooden planks of her apartment's floor. She wasn't unconscious, nor wounded or in pain.

Danielle shot up, never so quickly. "Kaylee! Kaylee are you okay?!" she spoke, eyes now filled with worry. When she reached her and got on her knees, she carefully placed the brunette's head on her thighs.

She was glad to see that Kaylee opened her eyes, but the brown orbs were filled with tears. The moment Danielle noticed, she heard a soft 'hello?' which was coming from Kaylee's phone. She picked up the device and placed it next to her ear, making the message short, being too worried about her best friend. "Tinisha. We will call you back, soon." She hung up and focussed on Kaylee once again.

---

Danielle held her best friend tight and tried to calm her down, still seated on the floor while the biting feeling of fear nibbled on her stomach. "Baby, do you think you're able to tell me what happened?" She watched another tear roll down Kaylee's cheek. It looked like it was made out of pure pain, which prepared her for the next few words.

"Dani...Quincy... h-he had a... a car accident..."