Sorting things out-ish

I sat across in a cell from Loki's.

I stared at him sitting cross-legged on the blank white floor as he refused to stop pacing. The guards had thrown us in here about 2 hours ago now I think and it was only 5 minutes ago had I persuaded Loki that he needn't keep apologizing about it all.

I was more worried about how under his eyes had grown red and sore looking and how panicked he looked as he paced back and forth non stop. 

"Loki you need to sit down-"

"I'm fine"

"You clearly aren-"

"I can assure you my son is not one to be so easily influenced" I jumped at the fresh voice of Frigga as she came into view between our cells at first passing me a small smile that I returned and Loki stopped and stared at her.

Before I could get a word in, or to apologize for no reason she began speaking again "Loki used to be very cheeky on his own but it appears he's found someone to match his level of..." she looked at him as his brows creased.

"...Mischief"

"Mother, now is not the time to trifle, what has Odin said to you?" Loki wholeheartedly stared at his mother and I swear I could see a flash of panic in his eyes.  

She let out a gentle sigh, "Sparrow is to return to Midgard within the hour and you are to remain here." 

My eyes widened and my head was shaking on its own accord, no no no this isn't happening!

Loki's mouth opened to try and form words but he was struck by silence as I scrambled to my feet, "I can't leave without him!" I blurted all too quickly and smacked my hand over my mouth at my volume and desperate tone when Frigga turned to me with slightly wider eyes.

"Please. I-" I hiccuped as the sob racked up my throat and my vision blurred.

we'd been through so much together there's no way he could just be kept here! 

"You must persuade him, mother!" Loki was growing angry across from me, his frustration bubbling  "This is ludicrous! he cannot keep me here!"

Frigga sighed, tired looking, it was clear she was trying but her son refused to see her side of things, "I know dear, I do not wish for this either, but you know how stubborn your father is-"

"HE'S NOT MY FATHER!"

I stared in silent shock as he huffed and stared unblinking at her through the golden cell wall, She offered a shaky smile and nodded. My heart squeezed, it was like I wasn't meant to witness any of this. 

"I can only do so much for you, and it appears that's not quite enough...." was all she said before in a flash of gold she was gone. 

Lokis fists were clenched as he turned his back to me and the small table and vase in his cell smashed in each direction. I wasn't gifted anything in my cell to break so I could only watch his items smash.

But as his knees buckled beneath him and his back shook his head pressed to the white floor surrounded by clutter we both let out our pain through numerous tears. I bit my lip hard until I felt the metallic taste of blood flood my mouth, it was like what he was going through was hurting me.

I cared so much about him seeing him like this was like someone stabbing a blade between my ribs and twisting it deep.

"There has to be another way!" I called to him and he only shook his head shakily sitting upright again.

"his decision is final."

"We can make a plan-we-we can-"

"ENOUGH SPARROW!" I flinched as he turned to me with raging red eyes, the same pained ones I had seen on the ship, I thought he was done with his yelling but he continued but it hurt more because it was targeting me now.

He stood up with clenched fists and my will for us to make it out of this together was dimming as he began to smash it into oblivion.

"ENOUGH ILLUSIONS OF A BETTER LIFE! SOMEONE LIKE MYSELF DOES NOT SIMPLY GET A SECOND CHANCE!" The tears slipped down my cheeks as I trembled on the floor pressing myself to the back of the cell to create a distance that wasn't even needed as our cell walls provided enough protection.

I gasped softly as his skin began to darken and a blue hue was consuming his pale skin, "L-Loki-whats happening to you.." I breathed in shock as he completely changed before my eyes.

His once sparkling green eyes were sucked up by a strong burning crimson that threatened to burn through the very protection this cell provided. His skin a deep cerulean blue with patterns that protruded out of his skin and made a series of markings.

The only way I could recognize him being his ink-black hair remaining as was, his clothes didn't change and his rage never simmered. His head tilted down to study his outsplayed hands as he flipped them upright and down his breathing calming from its ragged panting.

"This. This is where beasts remain. In the deepest dungeons Sparrow. They dont get the lovely girl. They dont get a better life. They get the shameful one. To be pitied by their loved ones, lied to, and gawked at." 

His crimson eyes met mine and faded back into their soft green his skin turning its usual pale.

He seemed to weaken a little as he blinked in my direction and I gulped down nothing, my mouth as dry as a desert. My tears had stopped and stinging eyes and a running nose remained as I used my bare wrist to dab what was dripping onto my upper lip as I sniffled.

I watched silently as he weakly took himself to his bed before climbing in and turning away from me entirely completely shutting away from me. 

"Perhaps we will meet again someday..." were the last words I heard him utter.

---

Hey guys! I have school exams coming up so unfortunately, I won't be writing in the time I study and work, It spans over 3 weeks ughh, so basically here's this chapter and the one after, when I get back into it I'll update in the notifications you will get if you follow me on an announcement! Sorry to disappoint but hopefully the double update makes up for it till I'm back!