fearful kitty cat

"Sparrow?" Loki called from the doorway to his room in the shared penthouse, she shot up and her large panther head peered over the couch her ears twitching.

"come over here please" he called and she narrowed her golden eyes skeptically.

"You need to have a bath you cannot stay soiled forever" he replied to her lack of response getting annoyed at her lack of cooperation as she simply blinked back at him making no attempt to move.

Eventually, she mewled in defiance and lowered her head back down behind the couch, the god sighed and trodded over looming over her while she lay on the couch her head in her paws and her eyes looking up at him innocently.

"Are you truly going to make me do this?" he threatened warningly but she only grunted in response "fine" his jaw ticked frustratedly and with that, a green glow surrounded them both and they both appeared in the bathroom. 

Sparrow instantly shot upright her eyes wide and frantic as she threw herself back letting out a mix of a roar and growl that sounded strained with fear throwing the god off guard.

"Woah, Woah, easy-" Loki exclaimed trying to calm her down his hands out as if calming a bucking horse.

It was clear she was still timid and he had underestimated her level anxiety. 

-Sparrow-

Everything is scary. 

At first it was only a simple hand movement that would make me jerk or flinch and now it was the noises.

People talking sounded like the voices were yelling through a megaphone right in my ear, I tried to bear it in front of the team and when it got too much I slink into my room and sleep. 

But nightmares plagued me and worst of all they involved Loki being the one to bring harm to me, people I trusted replacing my torturer.

When I woke up I would feel disoriented like I wasn't where I was supposed to be before it clicked that I was safe, even though I was drenched in cold sweat beneath my fur. 

Each night I would stumble through the dark to Loki's room and cuddle up next to him to gain some sense of comfort. I no longer liked to be alone and even being in a room by myself made the hairs on the back of my neck stiffen.

 But I didn't always have to find my way to Loki because he would be there waking me and holding me when I was shaking and letting out strained whimpers.

The sight of the clear water in the bath made me lurch back every joint my my body seizing with terror at the sight of being soaked in it again. When I closed my eyes all I could remember was the dull noise of the water in my ears and when my eyes were open I was surrounded by black. 

I couldn't see as I floated, the only noise being the dragging inhale and exhale through the mask strapped to my face that kept me alive. 

"Sparrow, Sparrow, calm down you are okay I promise!"

I didnt realise it but I was growlign and thrashing in his arms from the terrible memories. "Sparrow the waters gone sweetheart, its alright now you're okay..." my eyes opened and I looked at the bath ehxaling shakily at the sight of it being empty. 

His hand stroked beind my ear as my head pressed against his chest feeling his slightly heavier heartbeat.  He cooed softly as I slumped against him trembling lightly and focusing on his heart beat rather than my racing one as I came back to reality.