Socks for your feet

When I woke up I slid from Loki's arms and pressed my paws to the floor carefully sneaking into the connected bathroom. I nudged the door shut after stepping fully inside before inhaling deeply and forcing my body to shift. 

It had been a long time. I held my shaky hand over my mouth to muffle the cries and whimpers that threatened to escape. My bones clicked and scraped against each other, my 'father' had forced me to shift so many times it hurt to go back to normal.

My joints stung and muscles burned as I locked the door with a shaky hand and limped over to the mirror. 

I gaped at my messy reflection. My dark brown hair was a complete and utter mess. It no longer fell down my shoulders just past my chest but was cropped short and was messy just below my jawline. 

Dark circles were prominent under my eyes from sleepless nights on that cold hard floor and on that operating table. My pale skin looked even worse and a pink scar cut under my left eye and my ear was most definitely sliced badly leaving a chunk of it missing yet it was healing over.

I nearly threw up at the sight of my yellowing teeth and gagged at the smell of my breath. Was the entire team putting up with this?!

My face burned brighter than the sun at the thought as I sniffled and let a few tears slip and as they did they took a trail of dirt and grime with them leaving the streaks on my face. Part of me was shocked and the other relieved I could still produce them at all. 

I thought I'd cried them all out.

I wobbled over to the shower and carefully turned the handle for the water jumping when it spat to life making me flinch. I shuddered at the sight of the gushing water but knew I couldn't just refuse to ever bathe again.

At least with this option, I could stand under the water and could easily get air whenever I needed it. I pulled off my old tattered clothes grimacing at the dirt that clung to my skin and scars that littered my stomach and arms.

I shakily held my hand under the water wincing at the heat but then I realized it could take off more germs so I left it and stepped in bitting my lip at the burning sensation pelting my skin. 

I picked up the soap and scrubbed it. 

I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin was raw. Suddenly wanting all of the memories to flush down the drain that spiraled with the grimy water coming off of my body.

I raked my hands through my short hair roughly tugging and pulling at the knots as I let the water splash my face. I scratched at my skin as if It would help remove all of my pain.

I felt stinging from where my nails dug deeper and deeper but I didn't care as I fell to the shower floor sobbing in a mess of blood and fresh cuts the water never changing its beating rhythm on me.

I cradled myself my hair a messy curtain over my eyes and I trembled. Despite the water stinging my skin without any mercy, my body tingled with the heat, and I didn't even hear the knocking.

I didn't even move when I felt the water shut off and I was surrounded by a towel and picked up. I was set down on the bathmat but I stayed cradling myself as I felt my legs being softly dried and the sound of rustling before things were stuck on my skin.

I peeked an eye open to see Loki concentrating, carefully holding my leg out as he placed bandages on my skin. I rose a brow and sniffled softly at the sight as he fumbled with the next one.

He grunted when it stuck to itself as he peeled off the paper covering and hopelessly tried to unpeel it to save the bandaid. I couldn't help but giggle at the sight of him having it stuck to his finger while his other one tried to peel it off only to have it stick to that finger.