Chapter 6

A change of scenery from a lush forest and cliff to an island connected by a sizable path to a bigger island. Hikari reckons that this is the point in time where the land starts to become separated into islands and the ocean will be the most prevalent part of the world. Hikari uses her earring lacrima again but to no avail.

No one answered.

The next time jump was the first time humans appeared. Hikari observed them from the treetops as they hunted small animals for food. They're not that different from the first humans in her world.

"Is anyone there?"

No one answered.

Hikari found a village. It's one of the first villages that formed. The people there were curious about her white hair. Neither of them had white hair, only black, dark brown hair, or gray hair. There were some children who had blond hair or dark blue hair. Those children stood out the most and were subjected to be dragged by the people and become the model for art. Hikari got dragged into being an art model too. She disappeared before they could.

"I hope you guys are doing okay."

...

One of the first towns are made. Hikari steered clear of them, the memory of people ogling at her white hair and silver eyes fresh in her memory. She doesn't want to deal with that again.

"I'm doing fine."

...

A kingdom was formed. A king and queen ruled over the people and the people were happy. There were trade going on between different foreign islands and the economy was great. Hikari got to have a glimpse of the king and queen when they announced that the queen was pregnant. The people clapped and cheered for the happy couple. Hikari was in the back of the crowd, a black cloak covering her hair and creating a shadow over her eyes. Once the announcement was over, the people slowly resumed to go back to their own work. Hikari would catch passing conversations of how the Nefertari family deserves to have a family after what they all went through to get this kingdom to be peaceful and prosperous. They had to make decisions on the spot that they clearly didn't like. It's for the greater good in the end but it didn't stop them from feeling guilt and sadness over the decision.

"The world I'm in is interesting. Is anything happening on your side?"

...

Hikari found herself at an island called Sabaody. She didn't like what she saw. The slaves were being led by a wealthy person by steel chains and a choker. Hikari has seen similar scenes before with children rather than adults.

A woman tripped and fell to the ground in a cloud of dust. The others connected by the chain stopped and looked back at her.

Hushed silence fell upon the crowd watching and the slaves. The woman was sweating and hurriedly tried to stand. She fell down with a yelp and clutched her ankle.

"Oh, dear. She's damaged. She won't sell for a very high price..." The noble next to Hikari muttered under their breath.

"What happened? Who's stalling the line?" A pompous voice cut the heavy silence. The celestial dragon leading the slaves looked back at the line. The woman shivered in fear and kept trying to get up. He huffed in annoyance. Looking back towards the road, the celestial dragon waves his right hand to his guards. "I have no use for damaged goods. Kill her."

"W-wait! Please wait! I-I can still walk!" The woman pleaded.

The guards are in front of her now. They raised their swords over the woman's head and-

-"Wait!"

The woman cowered in fear of the new voice. She knows that the only one who could talk back to a celestial dragon is another celestial dragon.