Chapter 17

"Hikari! Where were you?" A pout made their way across the Space God Slayer's face. "Please come out! I got something for you to try!"

"Oh, hell no." Hikari was hiding underneath the counter where Mirajane was. She knew this would happen. She saw it and she's glad that she could time travel to the counter before her fellow nakama space traveled in. Even more so when she automatically suppresses her magic just a few seconds before he appeared. It always pays well to heed her gut feeling when it says that something bad is going to happen today.

Her guild members either snorted, rolled their eyes, shook their head in sympathy and exasperation, or said a 'There he goes again. Poor Hikari.' Some even made bets on whether or not Saffron will find Hikari.

Footsteps made their way towards the counter Hikaru was hiding, causing her heart to beat a little quicker although no change in expression was shown.

"Hello, Saffron. I see you're looking for Hikari again." Mirajane greeted him.

"Hello, Mirajane. Yes, I'm looking for Hikari-chan. I have new clothes for her to try! I'm sure she'll look so beautiful and elegant in them!" He gushed. Hikari doesn't have to see him to know that he's fantasizing about her in his purchased clothes for her. "Do you know where she is? I've been looking for her all over but every time I ask someone about her, they say I just missed her!"

"Well, I don't know. I can't say I've seen her here today." Mirajane tilts her head. Honestly, it was cute to see the two guild members act this way. Mirajane wouldn't mind telling  about Hikari because seeing Hikari in whatever outfits he bought is a treat to the eyes. It was a blessing and she couldn't get enough of the photos. She did suggest Hikari to be a model at her agency but the Time God Slayer declined, saying that she doesn't want to bring attention to herself. Anyway, she promised Hikari today that she'll help her hide from Saffron. And since Hikari offered a favor in exchange, Mirajane will make use of that favor when the time is right. Oh, yes, the modeling season would be a perfect time to use that favor.

"Oh. Well, please keep an eye out for her and let me know when you see her!"

Suddenly, the doors burst open to Natsu's greeting, Lucy's soft smile, and Happy's relieved face.

"We're home!" Natsu greeted his nakama.

"Welcome home, Natsu!"

"How was the mission?"

"A success as usual?"

"No damages this time?"

Natsu greeted everyone and came up to the counter. "Oh! Hi, Saffron! What's up?" He paused and sniffed the air, smelling Hikari underneath the counter.

"Natsu, don't-" But Hikari's thoughts were in vain as Natsu blurted out the cursed words.

"Hikari? Why is she underneath the counter?"

Before anyone could react, Saffron quickly disappeared and reappeared in front of Hikari, crouched down at eye level with her.

"Hello, Hikari-chan! I finally found you~" He smiled.

"Oh, no." He found her.

The guild members that made bets against Hikari laughed in victory and the losers of the bet groaned as they gave away the money they bet. The rest winced in sympathy.

Saffron quickly space warped Hikari to a small studio he rented for the day. "Hikari-chan, your outfit is in the bathroom. I'm sure you know how to put it on. When you come out, I'll help style your hair and makeup!"