Chapter 36

"Everyone, these people are Fairy Tail mages, my nakama." Hikari started introducing her nakama to her friends. Hikari gestured to the red haired male. "This is Fireheart Drake, the leader of the Elemental Squadron which I'm a part of,"

"Hey. Thank you for taking care of Hikari while she's here." He bowed his head.

"Galaxia Saffron," The raven-haired male crossed his arms. "If you want to marry Hikari-chan, you have to go through me."

"Aquari Umi," Hikari ignored Saffron. The aquamarine-haired female smiled and waved. "Nice to meet you!"

"Fu Verde," The green-haired male adjusted his glasses. "Pleasure to meet the people Hikari talked about."

"Rayz Umber," The yellow-haired male smiled. "Salutations."

"Evans Tian," The blue-haired male sleepily waved his hand. "Hi..."

"The twins, Macht Licht and Macht Draco," The twins smirked. "Hello, I hope we get along"

"And Ironbode Io." The gray-haired male cleared his throat. "Good afternoon."

"And these people are part of Natsu's team. This is Dragneel Natsu,"

"Yo!" Natsu smiled.

"Happy," The blue cat raised his paw. "Aye!"

"Heartfilia Lucy," Lucy smiled. "Hi!"

"Scarlet Erza," Erza nodded her head. "Thank you for taking care of Hikari when we couldn't."

"Fullbuster Gray,...Gray, stop taking off your pants."

"Oh, crap!" Gray hurriedly pulled his pants up and started looking for his shirt."

"Marvell Wendy," The sky dragon slayer smiled shyly. "Hello, it's nice to meet you."

"And Charla," The white-furred cat waved her paw. "Nice to meet you."

After the introductions were over and everyone had the chance to familiarize themselves with Hikari's friends, Saffron took out a spell book and explained what they had to do to get Hikari back.

Because Hikari was banished by the time god, normally, she wouldn't be able to go back home. However, this spell allows her to go back but it can only be used once. The spell basically shares the banishment among the god slayers so it would lessen the banishment spell. It would weaken the spell enough that it could be removed easily by themselves. After that, they'll be able to go home.

Hikari nodded, understanding how the spell works.

"Okay, let's get in a circle and join hands." Drake said.

The god slayers all started to form a circle when everything went wrong.

Hikari put up a time shield in front of her as a beam of magic blasted at her. Her time shield reverts the beam of magic into whatever it was before it became a beam of magic.

Hikari paled, feeling the oppressive, overwhelming presence of Chronos, the time god. Her nakama and friends were all frozen in time by the time god.

Hikari frowned. "Chronos."

"Hello, Hikari." Chronos said with a chilling smile. "I've been waiting a long time for this." He dropped his smile. "1,000 years! The world you banished me to had a different rate of time." Chronos walked around Hikari, never taking his eyes off Hikari. "But I've got to thank you for that. Yes, it gave me enough time to think of ways to kill you in the most painful way possible." Chronos stopped walking and smiled again. "How's your magic, Hikari?"

Hikari narrowed her eyes. "You're the one responsible for the depletion of my magic."

Chronos took out a vial of liquid. "The world you sent me to had interesting materials that I couldn't help but tamper with. Isn't it fascinating that it had materials to decrease your magic absorption when the world doesn't even have magic? But, I wasn't the one who put it in your friends' food. Of course not, you would be able to sense me if that were the case. I had some help." Chronos created a whole array of magic circles in which marines appeared.

One marine gritted his teeth at the sight of Hikari. "You!" He pointed. "You ruined my life!"

Hikari blinked. The marine didn't give her a chance to say anything and just continued to yell at her. "You don't remember me, do you?! Let me refresh your memory! You froze me in time when I was ordered by my superiors to make sure no slaves escaped! Because of you, I got demoted and my wife divorced me!"

"While it is my fault that he got demoted, he shouldn't have gotten demoted for not being able to guard slaves. The divorce really isn't my fault though." Hikari thought.

Chronos laughed. "You see, Hikari? Your actions have consequences."

"What about the other marines?"

"I'm glad you asked. They are here to help get rid of your little friends or you. Whichever comes first."

"Do they know what you want?"

"Of course they do! I have them put the magic depletion potion into your friends' food to affect you in exchange for my services of eradicating all the pirates and revolutionaries in the world!"

Hikari widened her eyes. "The marines are being tricked. Chronos won't be satisfied with just that. He'll reset the world."

Chronos chuckled. "I figured you'll understand." He nodded at the marines. "Now, let's have that execution."

Hikari dodged the punch and kick from the time god, her feet skidding on the sand. The time god continually fired magic beams, never giving Hikari a chance to cast a spell to unfreeze her friends. As the marines drew closer to her friends, Hikari had to use her magic to speed her up.

"You shouldn't use your magic so freely~" Chronos said.

Hikari slashed the magic bullets up, the time god also speeding himself up to match Hikari's speed.

"I wouldn't if the marines weren't getting ready to kill my friends." Hikari muttered.

"Oh, that's true. Sucks for you." Chronos said unapologetically.

Now that she sped herself up, she can have more time to think about how to release her friends from the time freeze spell when everything looks like slow motion.

Tsukimi skidded across the sand, just barely making a time shield in time. She ran forward using her katana to cut Chronos. Expecting her to keep using her katana, the time god was surprised at the feint she pulled: slash her katana followed by turning around quickly and kicking up sand in his eyes.

"Reverse Time! Time God's Commandments: Constraint Time!"

"NO!"

Her last spell made spells that increase her time speed, slow down time, or freeze time unable to be performed. While that may be a disadvantage if for both the time god and herself, she would rather sacrifice her manipulation of time than fighting alongside her allies. Fairy Tail does best when they all fight together.

Shanks blinked, not even having time to say anything before he crouched down to dodge a sword. Out of habit, he swept his feet, tripping the marine and knocked him unconscious. Hikari's friends also defending themselves out of habit, courtesy of their observation haki and superb fighting skills and instincts.

Shanks could see Marco elbowing a marine in the face, Luffy punching a marine and using his rubber powers to swipe a whole lot of marines, Ace using his fire powers to deter the marines from coming closer; it's the beginning of a battle.

Hikari's guild members all defeated the marines that were coming for them almost instantly, their faces either in a scowl or frown.

Saffron growled. "How dare he show up and fight Hikari."

"Right? If he wants a fight, he's got one with Fairy Tail." Umi smirked.

"Let's go." Verde pushed up his glasses.

"Plan A." Drake commented.

"Of course." The twins agreed.

"Got it." Umber nodded.

Tian readied his fists and took a fighting stance.

Lucy grabbed her Scorpio key.

Natsu grinned darkly, smacking his hand against his closed fist. "I'm all fired up!"

_____________

Hey, guys! Since the finals are soon, I'll be taking a break from this fanfiction to study for it. Rest assured, I'll resume it when I finish all my finals. Stay healthy!