Chapter 16

The spar ended the same way except that Mihawk didn't end up getting injured. Hikari didn't want any injuries to Mihawk because he's going to spar with Shanks after Shanks is fully healed. That didn't discourage Mihawk from fighting his absolute best though. To his frustration, he still came out of the match with sweat dripping from his body and sore, tired arms that he estimates will be better before his match with Shanks. It didn't make him feel better when he sees that some of the Roger Pirates (namely Shanks and Buggy) we're watching the duel. He's fine with spectators but his performance in the duel won't do for the reputation he wants to maintain.

"Whoa! Hikari! That was a great fight! Mihawk, you fought well too! I can't wait for our spar!" Shanks grinned.

Mihawk nods at Shanks, thanked Hikari for the spar, and exited the training room to cool down.

"Huh. He's not very chatty is he? Is he always like this?" Shanks asked.

"You'll get used to how he is when you get to know him more." Hikari replied.

"Man, your moves were so cool! Where did you learn to fight? Did someone teach you?" Shanks asked with curiosity shining in his eyes. Roger, Rayleigh, some crew members, and Buggy looked towards Hikari for an answer.

The spar was amazing to say the least. The accuracy of the katana and the agility coupled with different moves that are definitely mixed styles of sword play which Hikari displayed implies that she has been training for a long time and most likely have been taught by multiple exceptional swordsmen. Roger and Rayleigh can say for sure that they have never seen swordsmen fight like this and they have encountered many during their adventures. They would rather not have her as an opponent because that would be a very difficult fight to win.

"My nakama taught me. And some acquaintances too." Ezra was a hellish teacher with a hellish training schedule. Hikari suppresses a shudder as she thought back to the amount of stamina and strength building exercises she has to do. Ezra would watch over her and glare darkly at her if she seemed to slow down. Her words of encouragement sounded more like threats of a beat down which had Hikari work harder to complete the training as fast as possible to not have a burning glare on her back.

"Would you like to join our crew as a training instructor?" Roger asked out of the blue. Rayleigh sighed and ran his hand down his face. There he goes again. Rayleigh can't deny that Hikari would be a great addition to the crew but does Roger have to ask every person he likes?

Roger looked at Hikari with eyes filled with determination and charisma that Hikari finds it almost hard to deny. Almost because she remembers seeing that same sparkle in Mavis' eyes when Fairy Tail was formed.

"Come on, Hikaru! Join Fairy Tail! I promise there's going to be a lot of adventures!" The blond haired girl smiled with a hand outstretched towards Hikari in disguise.

Precht, Warrod, and Yuri stood behind Mavis with smiles on their faces.

"We wouldn't mind having you join." Precht said. "You're a great friend to us and you've been a great help. We would like it if you become part of our Fair Tail family."

"It's been so fun talking to you and learning more about you. I'm sure you'll fit right in!" Warrod added on.

"Hmph. You aren't half bad for a mage. I wouldn't mind having you as a guild member." Yuri crosses his arms.

Hikari truly wasn't supposed to meet them or grow attachments. It's the same song and dance all over again. She travels to the past for vacation or information, sees people who needs help, and feels guilt for not helping. In the occasions where she does help and it doesn't impact the future negatively (or can fix it later), she grows attached.