eighteen ◾ investigation

________________________________________

Hello. I have decided to make the dialogue different and do it proper since I need to really work on it. The reason I didn't do it in the beginning was because of how it long it took for even one sentence. And another reason was that I didn't know how to exactly end it but now I know so I'm changing it. Also, I'm thinking about doing something where at the end of every update, there will be a famous or just a random sad quote. Thanks for waiting for the update. Enjoy this update!

________________________________________

Taehyung's POV

I felt a shake on my shoulder and my eyes opened slowly. I let my sight adjust and saw the nurse in front of me with a small smile on her face. I smiled back and went to get up but felt a weight pulling me down. I looked down and saw Jungkook on my chest, with drool coming out from his mouth. I forgot he was here. I smiled and got up with him in my arms.

"Taehyung, Jungkook should be able to go now. He just needs to take this medicine for his wounds," the nurse said, looking at me and Jungkook.

"Thank you," I said, "for helping me and Jungkook."
I gave the nurse a big smile and waved her a goodbye. I walked out the door with a sleeping Jungkook and headed towards the entrance of the school. I went to the parking lot and searched for my car. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and put them into the car, starting the engine. I set Jungkook in the passenger seat and started to drive towards my house.

When we arrived, I grabbed Jungkook from his seat and went into my house. I laid him down on the couch and rushed to get him some clothes to wear. I searched my drawers and grabbed an oversized white shirt and some sweatpants.

(Okay, so I took ten minutes trying to figure out what to say for laying down. Is it just, 'I laid him down' or is it, 'I lay him down'. I was so confused because there are many ways to have the word laid, lay, laying in a sentence. Hopefully, I have it correctly. )

I rushed back downstairs and set the clothes down beside him. I sat down on the coffee table by the couch and stared at Jungkook's face. Somehow, he could look good doing absolutely nothing. He doesn't even need to try and if he did, oh god, I would get so turnt on by his piercing gazes or his smiles. Jungkook would be someone I could call perfect.

A few times when I saw him, I wondered why he always distanced himself from everyone. Everyone else would think he would just be going through a phase but that's not what I think. I'm almost positive there is a good reason. The scars, the tattoos, the earrings and piercings, the bruises, the twitching, and his seizures. It's not just a coincidence.

I waited for Jungkook to wake up and almost two hours later, Jungkook's little doe eyes opened and looked at me confused. I moved closer to him and stroked his hair.

"Good afternoon. How are you feeling, love?" I said, showing a concerned face. He looked at me and sat up, only to gasp in pain. I stood up and held his back to support him, letting him sit in a comfortable position.

"Slow down. You still haven't recovered from the fight. But, can you tell me why you even fought him? I mean, it can't just because he was annoying you right?" I asked him, hoping he would tell me.

"The guy was telling me to stay away from you but he was the one who punched me first," He responded with a little mumble, showing me a hesitant look. My heart beat fast as I looked in his eyes. He got in a fight for me.

"But, you really didn't have to," I said, "You could just of run away and get a teacher." He made a small tsk noise and looked away annoyed. Why is he mad at me? Am I just too dense to notice what he's trying to say? He started to get up from the couch and harshly grabbed the clothes and went into the bathroom to change his clothes that came from yesterday.

I sat down and waited for him to finish. He came out seconds later and sat down beside me. While I looked straight, in the corner of my eye I could see Jungkook staring at my face, almost looking at every feature. My face grew a pink tint on it as I looked away from becoming more embarrassed than I already was.

"Can I leave now?" Jungkook asked with annoyance mixed into his tone. I sighed and slumped down in my seat.

"You need to rest though. I don't want you to go out and start to be active because you're still hurt badly. I don't want you to go kill yourself out there."
Jungkook perked up and looked at me when I said I didn't want him to kill himself out there. Was that a sensitive topic? I looked at his face but he turned away when I turned my head to him. I titled my head, confused, and put my lips together in a straight line.

"I'm just going to leave now. And I won't kill myself," He said, emphasizing the won't in his sentence. I gave him a concerned look but held his wrist, keeping him from leaving.

"Please just stay. I want you to be safe, Jungkook. I'm not just going to let you out when you have wounds and cuts on your body, along with being tired and weak. Don't you ever think about how many people are out there who take advantage of people like that?" My voice was placed with concern written all over it. I didn't care how obvious it was that I cared for him, I wanted him to know. I wanted him to know that he's worth it and that someone truly does care.

He sighed and nodded and sat down beside me. He looked so depressed that I couldn't help but pull him into my lap and cradle him. He didn't respond to the touch but he just laid his head down on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I smiled and leaned down, giving him a soft kiss on his forehead.

-The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly -