Chapter One

Monse was away at writing camp and Cesar was about to leave his house to go to Lilo's so they could cook and eat together, but a familiar red Impala stopped in front of the house. Cesar stopped and saw his brother and his usual Santos members get out of the car and proceed to walk up to him.

"'Sup, hermanito. How you been?" Oscar smirked.

"umm...I've been good," Cesar sighed.

Lilo was waiting a while for Cesar to come to her place so she went to her porch to see Oscar and his homies in front of Cesar. She walked up to the gang and wrapped an arm around Cesar, facing Oscar.

"Hey, Spooky. Cesar and I need to do some cooking and eating so we'll catch you later," they started to walk off to her place, but she caught sight of the blunt behind Oscar's ear, "can I have that blunt, cutie?" she couldn't deny that Oscar had gotten hotter in prison.

Oscar scoffed, "Nah, mami. You're gonna leave my brother here and cook by yourself. Got it? You also not getting my blunt, princesa,"

"Well, homie, Cesar and I promised each other and I ain't letting him break a promise. He'll be back tonight," Lilo pulled Cesar to her house.

Cesar and Lilo decided to make some chicken enchiladas so they gathered the right ingredients so they could make it. The two were laughing and playing some music in the background and put the enchiladas into the oven before they went to the living room to watch some Netflix. After 45 minutes, they decided to take the food out of the oven and eat while they watched the comedy that they were watching. It was a day well spent between two best friends that needed each other and had a different bond than the others.

Cesar walked back to his house with Lilo because she wanted to smoke weed and she knew Sad Eyes. Oscar caught the sight of the two and lifted an eyebrow, wondering why they were being joined at the hip, but then saw Lilo leave Cesar, who was walking up to him, to go to Sad Eyes who rolled his eyes at her question before handing her the last blunt he had. She smiled and gave him a hug, sitting next to him so they could pass the blunt back and forth.

"Hey, hermano. Sorry for leaving like that earlier," Cesar looked at his feet.

"It's all good, hermanito. I saw Monse earlier and damn she was looking like a fine ass hyna," Oscar smirked, hoping for Cesar to claim her and admit he had feelings.

Lilo heard him though so she quickly got one more hit before walking up to Oscar and punching him, "Monse is way too young, stupid. Cesar is also in love with her, asshole,"

Cesar cut in, "I hit it with Monse. She is mine,"

Lilo turned real quick to Cesar to slap him in the face, "You, Diaz brothers, are stupid,"

Lilo walked down the steps and to Sad Eyes to take his blunt then went back to her place, ignoring Oscar's calling to her. A hand grabbed her and jerked her around so she turned and saw Oscar.

"Never hit me in front of my friends, puta," Oscar growled.

"I. Am. Not. A. Puta," Lilo pulled her arm from his grip, "Don't," she walked inside her place.

A voice sounded from behind Oscar, "What do you want, jefe? Want us to get the cholas on her?"

"Nah," Oscar chuckled, "she's a challenge and I am gonna get her, manos,"

Cheers erupted from all the cholos, but Cesar quickly walked into Lilo's place to explain it to her. Oscar looked at him quizzically, wondering why he keeps on going back to her even though he is in love with that one annoying girl. He wasn't gonna lie because he thought Lilo was hot and feisty which he felt weak in the knees for because she had a head-on her shoulders as well as being able to stand up for herself. The jefe could see that she was tough and he kind of loved that.