Chapter 3

Over the weekend, Ruby had invited the gang and Lilo over to his house to help make tamales so Lilo and Cesar were leaving her house to go to Ruby's, but Oscar was also outside so he sat on the couch staring at Lilo. She felt his stare, but didn't bother to look his way and continued on the walking journey to Ruby's place. They got to work as soon as they got there and Monse and Cesar were on flour duty and while they were kneading the flour, Lilo had seen them put their hands together and smile so she had a small smile on her face, but looked away and minded her own business again.

It was the day of the dance and lunch time. Lilo sat down at a table with her meal prep that she had to be on since she wanted a more curvy figure since fighting was going to take a pause since she managed to score a job at her gym as a trainer. All of a sudden, the gang had sat at her table so she looked up with a carrot sticking out of her mouth.

"I'm wearing indigo tonight," Ruby bursted out, "I thought we should claim colors to avoid outfit clashes. Indigo? Any objections?" Ruby looked around, "oh, and my pants have red pockets. I know it sounds weird, but it works,"

"What are the pockets for?" Olivia asked before leaning in closer to the girls, "roofies?"

The boys looked confused.

"So..." Cesar began, "what time should we meet?"

"Yeah," Jamal agreed, "let's get that in the books. The more specific, the better. What are you guys thinking, like 8? 8:05? 8:10?"

"I'm gonna play it by ear. I'm not sure I'm feeling it," Olivia said.

"I ain't even going," Lilo scoffed.

"What? Why?" Ruby looked at Olivia with a slight frown.

"Not sure I'm in the mood to be objectified. If I want to see a bunch of boner then I'll just go online," Olivia stated.

"Didn't you hear Principal Sarge? The dance is a no bone zone," Jamal said.

Lilo laughed at the freshmen, "alright, guys. I'm leaving and I'm done for the day so I will see y'all later,"

A month had passed and Oscar had been continuously trying to get Lilo to talk to him, but to no avail. She wouldn't even give him the time of day while Cesar didn't want to give Oscar the time of day, he had to since he is his brother. It was a constant of having him send her flowers and her favorite snacks, waiting at the school so he could catch her and try to talk, sometimes even working on her car to get her to even say thank you. All of it ended with no words being exchanged, but a head nod in thanks from Lilo.

Slowly, his efforts had diminished and came to an end. His efforts were deeply missed by Lilo because she finally had felt wanted by the man that she had fallen for, but didn't have the courage to approach him, scared of looking desperate in front of him. It was finally Friday, the day where she has training right after school. The school bell rang telling all the kids that school was out and they could do whatever they wanted within their parents guidelines. Lilo sprinted to her car to try and get to her training session on time to see Cesar there waiting.

"Salad? What are you doing?" Lilo unlocked the car and shoved her things in the trunk to take out her workout bag.

"Can I come with you to training? I want to get more fit," Cesar smiled.

"Sure. Get in," Lilo chuckled.

The two drove to the town over and went inside the MMA gym to meet with her coach. When they stepped inside, Cesar was mesmerized by the hugeness of the gym and how popular Lilo was there, but he understood why Lilo was popular, she was Lilo. Lilo greeted her coach with a hug and pulled Cesar to her to introduce them.