Chapter 6

"You kissed Olivia?" Monse's voice was heard.

"Is it true?" Ruby yelled.

"Yeah," Cesar said.

"You know they bonin', right?" Jasmine said in an obvious tone.

"Wait," Olivia started, "is he the guy?"

"This isn't about me," Monse said, "it's about Ruby. He's in love with Olivia,"

Ruby stuttered while Jamal started talking, "can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that, for once, I was able to keep a secret,"

"You knew?" Everyone yelled.

"Why would you sell me out like that?" Ruby yelled at Monse, causing everyone to start yelling at each other.

Lilo and Oscar walk out to the area that everyone was in before Oscar yelled, "y'all messed up!" Oscar looked at Cesar, "we got business. Lilo, want me to drop you off at home?"

"Yeah, sure," Lilo grabbed her backpack and was about to leave with the brothers.

"What about the lockdown?" Cesar tried to stay.

"It's done," Oscar said.

After a few minutes they were finally in front of the two houses so Oscar got out with Lilo to walk her to the front door. Cesar sat in the car watching the two interact with a small smile because Lilo deserved everything good in this world even if that good was being with Oscar. Oscar stood before Lilo who had unlocked the door already and was just standing there admiring Oscar.

"Alright. I guess you have to deal with your business so text me when you're home," Lilo softly smiled, "I just need to make sure you're safe,"

Oscar nodded, "ok, hermosa. Go to sleep and have a good day tomorrow at school. The Santos and I are going to be at the football game so I better see your ass there,"

"I'll obviously be there," Lilo chuckled before calming down with a smile.

Oscar internally took a deep breath before leaning in slowly and giving her a soft kiss on the lips before pulling away, "Good night, beautiful,"

"Good night, handsome," Lilo grinned before going inside and closing the door with a happy sigh.

When Lilo laid down in her bed, a million thoughts were coming into her head and there was no chance she was going to get any sleep. An hour turned into two when her phone finally went off with a text notification. She scrambled to get her phone and she saw it was a text from Oscar so she opened it. It had read that they were home so she laid there contemplating on asking if he wanted to come over. Taking a deep breath, she gathered all the nerves she had and quickly sent the text, anxious for the answer. A ding rang through the room so she opened it and it said one word. Yes. She quickly texted him to come through the window since she didn't want to walk to the front door and opened it.

A figure appeared entering the side yard and Lilo figured out that it was Oscar so she let out a sigh of relief and moved out of the way so he could get through. She went back to laying in her bed, watching as Oscar closed it as well as locked it before laying in bed next to her.

"Hey. Why you up so late? I know you got school,"

"I don't know. I just can't sleep for some reason," Lilo shrugged.

Oscar nodded and the two began talking. They had talked throughout the night until 2 am where the two slowly went to sleep together and unconsciously moved closer together to cuddle. A few hours later, Lilo's alarm went off for school and she reached out to stop the alarm only to find an arm wrapped around her midsection so she smiled and slowly put it around her pillow so she could go get ready. However, Oscar woke up to the shower so he got up and put his shoes on and sat on the bed to wait for Lilo to be done so he could say his byes. The sound of the shower turning off caught his attention from his phone so he put his phone away as Lilo left the shower with just a towel on. Oscar couldn't help but to stare at her until she turned and saw that he was awake so she let out a small yelp and quickly grabbed her clothes to go back in the bathroom. A few minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom with a blush on her cheeks.

"My bad. I thought you would still be asleep," Lilo said.

"It's all good," Oscar laughed, "I just wanted to wait until you were done to say see you later at the game,"

"Oh, yeah. Bet. See you later, Oscar. Have a good day and please be safe," Lilo went and hugged Oscar.

"You got it, hermosa. You too," Oscar hugged her back before letting go and walking out of the front door.

The rest of the day was going on as it usually does, but Lilo tried to steer clear from the freshmen since the lockdown. She already knew that there was going to be a bunch of drama and Cesar always goes to her for venting. It was successful until the game where she met up with the Santos in front of the football field with Cesar and all of them started walking to the entrance, running into Monse and Olivia. Lilo saw Cesar stop and looked at him until he gave her the ok to leave them alone so she turned back as Oscar wrapped his arm around Lilo's shoulders to keep her close to him.

The Santos and Lilo sat on the other end of the stands, away from Cesar and the gang. Lilo wanted to step in the situation of the gang's, but Cesar wanted to do it alone so she left it alone and intentionally didn't want to interact with them since they were going to try and get her involved. Oscar saw Lilo stare at the group of freshmen so he lightly grabbed her thigh to get her attention and it worked.

"Don't worry, preciosa. They'll be ok," Oscar said.

"Yeah, you're right," Lilo nodded, "I'm good,"

A few moments later, she looked and saw the freshmen gone after the ejection, but paid no mind and saw Jamal get in so she stood up in anxiousness, hoping the boy wouldn't get hurt. The play started and Jamal had gotten the ball from another player that was tackled and started running and missing the people trying to tackle him so she ran to the front and started screaming. The freshmen then appeared next to her and started cheering along with her until he made a touchdown.

After the game, Oscar had told her that he needed to do some business so she nodded and walked out to see Cesar and Monse talking heatedly until Monse walked away. Once Monse walked past the gates, Lilo went up to Cesar and put a hand on his shoulder to see his eyes had unshed tears so she pulled him to her car. She quickly texted Oscar that she had Cesar and they were going to have an urgent sleepover. Lilo pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the bodega and told Cesar to stay here while she went and got snacks.

The two arrived at her house and Cesar went to the couch and started letting the tears out so Lilo put the ice cream in the freezer and immediately ran to the living room to give him a hug that caused the wall to come down. She had never seen Cesar cry over a girl so she buried his face into her neck and rubbed his back.

"She said that she only knew how to be my friend and that us being together would break up the squad," Cesar sniffled.

"Oh, papito," Lilo wiped his tears, "we're going to eat as much as we want and order take out. You'll pick all the movies that you want and we'll watch all of them until we sleep,"