Chapter 4

It was finally October, the month of Halloween and the "holiday" that Lilo loved with all of her being. Her place was decorated with fake spider webs, skeletons hanging on the porch, and a seasonal doormat. Every year, she and Cesar would carve pumpkins and display them on the porch so they're not so great carving skills were also on the porch. The month had zoomed by and now it was the end of the month where everyone had dressed up and went to school with their costumes.

Another thing every year is when the gang would gather at Ruby's place and watch scary movies and since there was a new addition named Olivia, whom Ruby had developed a crush on, he wanted everything to be perfect. However, Lilo showed up a little bit later than everyone else and walked in to Ruby trying to convince Olivia that they should stay in and watch movies instead of leaving.

"Scary movies, artisan pizza, and most of all," Ruby leaned in with a small little smirk, "new experiences,"

"You're right, we should go out," Monse walked into the room and turned to Cesar, "I'm feeling like this could be our last Halloween trick or treating. And frankly, it's feeling a little cramped in here. You feel me?"

Lilo raised her eyebrows while Jamal piped into the conversation, "I vote Brentwood. It's safe, rich, and I bet they got full size candy bars,"

"Shut-ins are tradition. And I ordered the pizza. Did I mention it's artisanal?" Ruby pointed out.

"Why don't we go somewhere else?" Olivia asked.

"Brentwood," Jamal whispered.

"There's gotta be other places," Olivia continued.

"Brentwood," Jamal whispered again.

"How about Brentwood?" Olivia took Jamal's whispers.

"I'm down," Lilo and Cesar said at the same time, but Lilo continued, "jinx, you owe me a soda,"

"Damn it," Cesar balled his fist.

"Good call, Olivia," Monse said.

"It's a bad call. It's a great idea. It's just Brentwood's super far and we would have to take public transpo, which sucks," Ruby tried some more.

"You've never been on the train," Lilo raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, guys, but I don't know how we'd even get there,"

"All good," Jamal grinned, "I got us a hook up,"

After an hour, abuelita had dropped them off at a random street so Olivia got out of the car and looked around the area that was lit and amongst the houses that had amazing decorations. Once the whole grouping situation had finally settled, Lilo had gone on auto pilot and just followed Ruby, Olivia, and Cesar. Next thing she knew they were standing outside of a house party and they were all going inside.

Lilo had separated from the trio and went to get herself a drink before going back to them only to see Olivia was gone and it was only Cesar and Ruby. "Where is Olivia?"

"She's in the bathroom," Cesar responded as Ruby was pacing.

"What's taking her so long?" Ruby asked.

"She's dropping a deuce," Cesar responded as Ruby gave him a look of disgust, "everybody poops,"

"What's wrong with you?" Ruby asked.

"What's up, locos?" A white man had appeared dressed like a cholo trying to sound like he had an accent, "I heard you from the 'ridge, too. Yo, check it," he flipped his hat around showing freeridge, "Ah! Just clownin'! I'm straight from B-wood. West side! So, what do you think of my fits and my tat? Pretty dope, right?" he turned and saw Lilo in her Harley Quinn costume, "Hey, chica. Wanna go upstairs and I can show you somethin'?"