Prologue

A long time ago, in a place where the sand skipped across the desert, blown by the Eastern and Western winds, a young Queen gave birth to a baby girl named Khanet.

There was a sudden hush in the crowd as the Queen entered down the hall with her newborn child. Then, the crowd started whispering about the Queen's new child. Khanis was pleased to see his new sister in his mother's arms. "Here you go, my husband." exclaimed the delighted Queen, handing her newborn child to her husband, who has been waiting for this moment to come. "It pleases me to see my first daughter in my arms at this very moment." boomed the Pharaoh.

The Pharaoh then told his son "Do not marry your sister at all in your life, but still be her protector. Protect her from the dangers of the world. Train her to become the best warrior of all of Egypt." "Yes, Father. I will." exclaimed Khanis. "Thank you." The Pharaoh replied. The Pharaoh then exclaimed "She might turn out to be a great warrior." "Yes, Sir." replied the naive prince.

"Perfect. Then a deal's a deal." The Pharaoh announced. Later that night, there was a huge banquet just for Khanet. Khanis still couldn't help the fact that his new sister was right there in his mother's arms. Then, he saw her eyes open up and then she began to cry. The Queen then calmed the child with her soothing voice. "It's okay, my child. It is okay." exclaimed the Queen.

The Pharaoh then announced to the guests that arrived at the banquet "Everyone. The banquet is over. Go home now!" Then, everyone left quietly. Khanis asked his mother if he could sing a lullaby to his new sister. "Of course you may. I'll allow it. Go on! Run along now!" The Queen replied happily. When Khanis brought his new sister to her room, he then sang to her. He sang:

"Don't you worry! I will always be here for you. To protect you from the dangers of the world. My duty is to protect you as your fellow guardian. Day in and Day out; Good and Bad. But no matter what, I will always be here for you."

He then kissed his sister on the forehead and tucked her in bed as her eyes started closing for the night. "Goodnight, my little sister." Khanis whispered as he left the room in silence, trying to prevent from making too much noise. He then whispered "Someday, you will have the heart of an Egyptian warrior."

As the years passed, Khanet grew older and older each year. She now was five years old and Khanis was fifteen now. So instead of lullabies, he began telling tales of warriors from the past and myths about the gods. He then was telling a myth to her that night. He replied "It is said that Set then ripped Osiris apart into fourteen pieces and hidden them in fourteen different places." "What happened next?" asked young Khanet. "Then, Anubis mummified his uncle Osiris and Horus, Anubis's cousin, decided to fight Set for the throne of Egypt." replied Khanis.

"And then?" asked young Khanet, curious to know what would happen next. "I'm going to save that for tomorrow, ok?" asked Khanis. "Fine!" exclaimed Khanet. Khanis then ruffled her hair and replied "Goodnight, young warrior. Training starts tomorrow as soon as you wake up." "Ok!" exclaimed young Khanet, excited for training the next day. "One last thing, sis. You have much to learn about that myth." replied Khanis. "Ok!" exclaimed Khanet cheerfully.

Then, even more years past and Khanet grew older and so did Khanis. Khanis was now thirty and Khanet was nineteen, about to turn twenty that day and so continues the story of how Khanet came to be. To have the heart of an Egyptian warrior.