Chapter 4: The Journey To The Battle

As Khanet and Khanis got to the far desert, it became night time. So Khanet and Khanis took out their mats and wood for a fire. They then lit the wood. "Perfect. Just perfect." Khanis complained as he threw his hands up in the air, ending in crossing his arms. "Will you stop complaining?" Khanet asked Khanis. "Fine." Khanis replied to Khanet. "Thank you." Khanet thanked. "Your welcome." Khanis exclaimed to Khanet.

He then stated "There's something I need to tell you that I didn't tell you on your birthday." "What is it that you want to tell me?" Khanet asked. "The reason as to why I trained you how to be a warrior was because when you were born, not only was I vowed to be your protector, but I also was told to train you by Father." Khanis explained. "So you guys ARE using me." Khanet declared.

"No! We're not using you." Khanis exclaimed. "Oh really. Then, why is it that father chose me? Why not you?" Khanet asked Khanis. "I don't know why he chose you and not me. You should ask him sometime. He might have the answer to your question." Khanis replied. "Fine. I will. But he better have a darn good explanation for this." Khanet replied back. "I'm sure he does." Khanis stated. "Alright. Whatever, Khanis!" Khanet exclaimed. "Wait. Why me?" Khanet asked curiously. "Well. Maybe Father is willing to turn a woman into a warrior. Plus, you're his daughter. It is a new time in Egypt after all." Khanis explained. "I see. Well, I was up to the challenge." Khanet exclaimed. "Really?" Khanis asked. "Yes. Definitely." Khanet replied.

"Can I tell you something else?" Khanis then asked. "Sure!" Khanet exclaimed. "Ok. Well....when you were a baby, I used to sing to you all the time." Khanis answered. "Are you serious?" Khanet asked Khanis. "I'm serious." Khanis exclaimed. "Can you sing for me then, big brother?" Khanet asked. "Of course I can. You have to lay on your mat though." Khanis explained. She then laid on her mat, ready for her brother to sing her a song. Khanis whispered "Ok. Here it goes...." Khanis sighed and then sang:

Don't you worry! I will always be here for you. To protect you from the dangers of the world. My duty is to protect you as your fellow guardian. Day in and Day out; Good and Bad. But no matter what, I will always be here for you."

Khanet was fast asleep. Khanis then whispered "Goodnight, you brave warrior." Then, Khanis lied on his mat and fell fast asleep. As they were sleeping, the gods were talking about the mission. Ra asked Anubis "You sure we can trust this mortal with the fate of Egypt in her hands?" "I'm positive!" Anubis exclaimed. Anubis then explained "I watched over her as the years went by and she is a very skilled fighter." "She better not fail. Otherwise, the fate of Egypt will fall into Evil Anubis's hands." Ra added. "Believe me, Ra. She is the one who will save us all." Anubis replied.

The next day, when the sun rose, Khanet and Khanis woke up from a long night under the stars. They then ate breakfast that they had packed for the journey. After they were done eating, they began packing up their things. Khanet and Khanis got back up again and continued the journey to the battle.