Chapter 9: The Return of a Hero

Once they entered the throne room, the Pharaoh saw Khanet and Khanis along with Anubis and Anput standing in front of his throne. The Pharaoh gasped when he realized that Anubis and Anput were there. So, the Pharaoh asked Anubis "Lord Anubis. What brings you here?" "I am here to bring Khanet and Khanis back home." Anubis answered. "Where have they been all this time? I noticed they were missing." the Pharaoh asked. Khanet and Khanis had a surprised look on their face and they both whispered under their breath "Uh oh."

Anubis explained to the Pharaoh "Your children were at battle." "Why?" The Pharaoh asked curiously. "I sent them on that mission to stop my evil version from destroying your land." Anubis replied. The Pharaoh then shouted "This is an outrage!" "It is not, because I said so and Ra agreed to it." Anubis shouted back. The Pharaoh was then silent. Dead silent. Anubis then explained "Well, if it wasn't for your children, your whole kingdom would be dead and so would you." "Why couldn't you gods stop him?" the Pharaoh asked.

"We didn't want to do it after doing it since the beginning of time and we wanted to give them a chance to fight in battle." Anubis replied. The Pharaoh added "Well, all that matters is you're back and safe." The Pharaoh then asked "You guys aren't hurt, are you?" "No, Father. We're fine." The Pharaoh then got up from his throne and walked down the steps from the throne, so he could be on the same ground level as his children and the gods. The Pharaoh walked over to his children and hugged them both so tight that they couldn't breathe. He then replied "I'm so proud of you. Thank you for saving Egypt. Welcome back home, you two." Khanis was trying to breathe when he replied "Dad. I can't breathe." "Oh. Sorry." the Pharaoh replied back. He then stopped hugging them. The Pharaoh added "I'm just glad you guys came back. I was worried to death. I'm so glad that you guys are alright."

The Pharaoh then turned to Anubis and replied "Thank you for bringing them back, my lord." "You're welcome. As the god who sent them on this mission, it's also my duty to bring them back home." Anubis explained. Then, the Pharaoh came up with an idea. "I have an idea." the Pharaoh exclaimed. "What?" they all asked together. "We should have a celebration in honor of my children saving Egypt." the Pharaoh answered. "I'll invite everyone in the land to come and celebrate." the Pharaoh added. He then asked "My lord and lady, are you staying for the celebration?" "Sure. It's not like we have better things to do." Anubis answered. The Pharaoh then told them that the party would start at dusk and that his children should look their best. Then, everyone escorted out of the throne room and upstairs where the bedrooms were.

Anubis went into Khanis's room with Khanis and Anput went into Khanet's room with Khanet. When the girls were talking in the other room, Anubis was telling Khanis the surprise he had in store for him and Khanet. He replied "I will be bringing your mother's soul here with us, so you two can see her again." Khanis gasped and exclaimed "Oh. Khanet and Father will be happy to see her again." "But it is just for tonight." Anubis explained. "Ok." Khanis replied.

In Khanet's room, Anput pointed out to Khanet "You were destined to be a hero. I think you and your brother should be one of us." "What do you mean by that?" Khanet asked Anput. "I think you and your brother should be gods." Anput replied. "But, we don't have any powers." Khanet stated. "We can give you powers." Anput explained. "I'll think about it." Khanet replied. "Ok." Anput sighed.

The hours past by and everyone in the land came in to celebrate the heroic acts of Khanet and Khanis. The Pharaoh also invited all of the gods to come too including old man Ra. Khanet and Khanis were finishing getting dressed up for the party. Once they were finished, Khanet, Khanis, Anubis, and Anput walked down the steps and into the room where the guests and gods were to celebrate. The Pharaoh smiled proudly when his children entered the room. Khanet and Khanis were smiling and waving as they began to walk among their subjects. The Pharaoh announced "Let the celebration begin." Then, everyone began to celebrate the honorary service of their dear Princess and dear Prince.