Playtime

Skye's POV

The Leviathan, as Linus called him, began the attack. A tentacle as fast as lightning swatted at the Blood-Chief. Lightning erupted from the tentacle and the Leviathan hissed. His tentacle retreated and he ducked under the lake that Linus had created. I couldn't see Linus's face as clearly from the top of the oak branch I was sitting on, but I imagined he had to be sweating by now. Summoning a tsunami and then having to fend off this Leviathan creature? It had to be exhausting for him. My musings were interrupted by a darkening sky that immediately began to pour massive raindrops through the forest. The lake water rose almost immediately. As if by magic. I thought sarcastically. I hate magic.

Linus was climbing up the small hill in an attempt to stay on dry ground. When he reached the top of the hill, the storm stopped and the lake stayed still. The Leviathan swam circles deep within the lake. What is he doing? I kept my eye on the massive creature and began to notice some of his scales were beginning to glow. I squinted. What on Comwen is that? I wasn't the only one to notice. Linus' movements were more frantic and he summoned a lightning blast directly on the lake. The water's current carried the bolt through the lake electrifying every body that it touched. The Leviathan turned toward the blast and opened his mouth wide. The blast entered his mouth and the giant serpent swallowed it all the way down into his stomach. What just happened?

The Leviathan seemed to laugh as his scales glowed a brighter blue and just as I was about to turn away, the Leviathan shot up out of the water and blasted the lightning blast right back onto land. Smoke and blue particles reached high into the sky, but before the smoke cleared a large fireball hit the creature full force. I looked to the right and Linus was standing on another tree; his attention focused entirely on the monster. This is my chance. The Leviathan was swaying with the momentum of the hit. Linus attacked it again, but this time from the left. Where? I focused my attention to my left and another version of Linus was standing on another Mus grave tree. Wait, who was real? The Leviathan ducked into the water and his scales began to glow a bright orange. He came up faster and two fireballs came from his mouth burning the Linus' illusions. 

Linus himself was standing on the tree to my right focusing his attention on the monster in front of him. I grabbed a young branch and tore it off the oak tree. It wasn't going to do much, but it will have to do. I began to climb from the oak tree to the tree Linus was currently occupying. The Leviathan then began to whip his tentacles at Linus who cut them with his sword. The monster didn't even care. I dodged the Leviathan swinging from above and jumped onto the tree Linus deemed safe. I was below him now. The Leviathan knocked Linus off his perch and Linus used wind magic to keep himself floating in the air. I climbed onto a sturdy branch where Linus could see me and muttered a spell that elongated the young branch into a long whip. Linus lost focus on the Leviathan which was his mistake. 

Enough playtime. Time to finish him. 

So bossy. The Leviathan pouted. I whipped Linus's sword arm, but he parried it. The distraction was enough for the Leviathan to grab Linus and gobble him up. The monster glowed an unearthly black and magical power choked the area. The lake swished as if in storm and the trees began to bend as if there were a mighty wind. Some broke off their roots and flew in every direction. My perch began to do the same. Suddenly it was over. The forest stilled.  

That was mighty nice, sighed the Leviathan. I looked at the monstrosity before me. He was back to his usual color and lazily swimming in the lake. He looked at me and gently rose so we were eye to eye. That was the best meal I have had in a long time. 

That's great. I deadpanned. The Leviathan chuckled rocking the area. I hung onto a sturdy branch. 

You wish to dismiss me now that I have done your work, mortal?

I have no need for you anymore.

Anymore, you mean at this time of course. 

Of course.

I hope you call me when you have more enemies, mortal. 

Don't count on it.

Well, I hope someone calls me to eat you at some point then.

Don't count on it.

One can only hope, really. 

Are you done? You've been dismissed.

Fine. I see when I'm not wanted. The Leviathan ducked back into the lake and began to swim downwards.

If only.

I heard that, was the last thing I heard before the monster disappeared entirely.