Hero's Approach

Jacqui's POV

I was overseeing the would-be Demon Keepers assimilation to the afterlife when his presence overtook my senses. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply trying to ready myself for, well, I didn't know what. Josephine's presence followed shortly after. What is she doing here? I shook my head as the spirits began to sense his power. They looked toward the mountain and then at each other confusedly. Questions began to pass around me. 

"M'lady, what's that?"

"So strong!"

"Demon?"

"God?" 

I felt a tug on my tunic to see the little girl staring up at me. "Lady Jacqueline, what is that?" She asked so innocently with big bright eyes. I squatted to her level. "That," I paused as my domain began to darken with his annoyance. "is our hero." The young girl's eyes widened to saucers. "I'll have to see him. Will you stay with them?" I motioned to the Demon Keepers and she smiled wide while nodding her head excitedly. "Alright, good, I know they are in safe hands." I patted her head before standing up. 

Before I knew what was happening, Josephine grabbed my arm and whisked me to my bedchambers. 

"Josephine!" I laughed as she began rummaging through my closet. "What are you doing?" 

"Trying to find something suitable for a Goddess." Came her muffled reply. She came out with two tunics paired with cotton pants. "These do not scream, "I'm a powerful Goddess that can kick your butt whenever I want to" to me. They say, "I'm a weak and feeble mortal girl, please spare me!" Josephine put the back of her hand on her forehead for some odd reason and threw herself to the floor. My confusion spoke for me as she opened an eye to stare at me. She rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on, Jacqui! I'm not going to let that mortal think he can harm you easily." 

Returning to my closet, Josephine came back out with one of my fancier get-ups. 

"That's not necessary. What I'm wearing has nothing to do with my power." I got off the bed. "And Skye is fully aware of the difference in power." Which is little to none, but Josephine didn't have to know that. To be honest I was worried about the lingering darkness overtaking my realm. But if I were to be really honest, I just didn't want to wear what Josephine had picked out. I trusted that Skye wouldn't harm anyone in my domain unless he had a reason to. He could be left waiting for a change. 

Josephine stomped her foot in a baby fit. "Jacqui, you never let me dress you!" 

"I'm a big, tough Goddess. I don't need anyone to dress me." I giggled as I put my hand on the doorknob to leave. 

"Jacqueline." Her serious tone caught me off guard. I stopped and glanced at her. She had dropped the dress and was holding her sword. It had a familiar aura and when I realized what it was, I faced her.

"Yes?" I asked innocently. Josephine glared at me. 

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" She placed her sword on my vanity and I gulped. 

"Not really." I gripped my hands behind my back so tight I was sure there were going to be bruises. 

"I won't let this slide, Jacqui, but you can earn some time to think about it if you let me dress you." She blackmailed. I obediently and swiftly took the dress from the floor and let Josephine braid my hair. Josephine completed my look with adorning my brow with a silver circlet. "Now, you look like a Goddess." She commented and let me look in the mirror. I felt exposed wearing something to precious to be worn. 

"This isn't comfortable." I muttered. Josephine tapped the hilt of her sword and I shut my mouth instantly. 

"You are now ready to appropriately accept the disrespectful brute into your holy domain, sister." The thought of Skye seeing me like this made me want to puke. However, my heart also flipped and a smile appeared on my face. Josephine chose not to comment on it but she did hold her arm out to me and we whisked ourselves to the Mountain Pass.