The Sword

Skye's POV

"Whoa! Some pretty destructive demon must have run through here!" 

My headache was getting worse with every observation Jasper made. 

"Oh, wait. That was all you right?" He smugly smiled at me and then slapped my back again. There was no point in answering him. He just carried right along. "You know, summoning a Leviathan probably wasn't the smartest idea." I just shook my head. "But you didn't have your sword did you?" I rolled my eyes. "What is a hero without his weapon? Some may ask, but I have your answer already." Just keep walking. My boots were thankfully tough leather and made for easier travel. Jasper took a mocking tone, "A hero is not measured by his weapon, but by his ability to do whatever it takes to win." 

A cold breeze blew past and I shivered. 

I didn't realize he was like this.

Hey Bree. I was beginning to think you had left. 

Bree laughed a little. I'll always be with you.

Yeah, I get that now. 

"What are you thinking about?" Jasper's voice cut through the air and brought me back from my mind. 

"Just wondering if you ever shut up." I half joked. 

"Of course not." Jasper whipped his head back and his nose in the air. I shook my head when he winked at me. 

Did you know Jasper before Nero took you?

Yes. Bree hesitated. 

What do you know about him?

I know that he is powerful and rash. I know that he loves Comwen with all his heart and wishes for it to thrive. People believe him to be a God of Destruction, simply because he is the God of Earth and Flame, however; he is a God of Healing. 

I know that much, he brought me back from the dead. 

Bree went silent. 

My gut is telling me you know more about Jasper than you are letting on. 

Bree kept her silence. 

Annoyed, I kept walking. Jasper followed behind me. 

"You go into your mind a lot." He noted. Maybe he doesn't like the silence. I kept my mouth shut. He came up beside me, but didn't say anything more. Thank the Nexus for that. It was nighttime before Jasper said anything else. Our camp had been set up and Jasper let me collect firewood and start the fire even though he could create fire with a flick of his hand. He shrugged when I mentioned it. I groaned as I lay on the cold ground as close to the fire as I could get. Jasper took his overcoat off and offered it to me. It would be wise to not drop dead of cold and so I had taken it. 

"What's your favorite color?" Jasper's voice was quiet and thoughtful. 

"What?" Disbelief marked my usual serious tone. 

"Favorite color." Jasper flicked me on the head. I don't know how since he was sitting across the fire from me. 

"Is that necessary?" 

"No." 

"Then go to sleep." 

"Answer my questions then I'll go to sleep." He bartered. I was really tired. 

"Fine!" I huffed. "Blue, alright?"

"Favorite texture?"

"Texture? What in the Nexus are you saying?"