『 C H A P T E R 1 』

s a k u r a  y a n a
"Captain!" someone called and I turn to see Lucy, one of our soccer member, a midfielder. "Hey, what's up?" I asked. "I won't be attending the afternoon practice tomorrow." she said. "Why?" I asked needing her reason.

"It was my mother's birthday, and I want to surprise her tomorrow!" She beamed and I smiled. "Sure, it's alright. I understand how happy you are." she smiled widely and and hugged me. "Thank you very much!" she then let go. "No problem, Lucy." I replied.

"Advance 'Happy Birthday' to her." I said as she smiled. "She'll be thanking you, really." She exclaimed. "Why?" I asked as I frown. "Our previous captain never let me or us go for my mom's birthday. She is too harsh to be a captain. She never think of other people's time and business. If you're late, she'll make you run 50 laps." She explained.

"That's too much for a late student." I replied. She just nodded and agreed with me. "Can we walk home together?" she asked. "Sure." I replied.

We walked home together since we're in the same route plus our house is two route apart. She was near and I was far from her. "I'm home." I said as I opened the door seeing no one.

"Yana, please come here." Mom suddenly called from upstairs. "Coming!" I answered back as I closed the door and put my bag beside the sofa. I went to my mom's room and...

"You'll be moving out here in England" that was the first sentence I heard from my mom's stressed voice. My eyes widened in shocked. "WHAT?! YOU MEAN I'M GOING BACK IN JAPAN WITH THAT CHEATER?!" I yelled in anger.

"Yana! You do not just call your father a cheater!" she madly scold me. "No, I'm not going, I'm staying here!" I said as I raised my voice at her. "If you didn't go, he'll pull you out of this family and I didn't want that to happen to you." I sighed.

"I can't. I mean– how about you? How about my siblings? How am I able to help you with the expenses?" I asked. "Yana, we'll be alright, okay? Don't worry about us. We'll be fine." she said reassuringly.

I cried and she comforted me. "When is the flight?" I asked coldly. "Tomorrow evening." she answered. I sighed.

—————————————

I was walking slowly looking at my feet as I walk, when I was interrupted. "Captain!" someone called. I looked up and saw Lucy with a big smile on her face.

"H-hey." I stuttered. "Are you alright?" she asked worriedly and I shook my head. "Why?" She asked. "I'll just tell you with the whole team." I replied.

s o c c e r  r o o m

The door slid open but we saw no one. "They must be at the soccer field, captain. Let's just go get change." she then went to her locker to get her uniform.

I was so deep in my thoughts not knowing what to do. Why should I go back at Japan when I'm having a good time with my mother and my siblings? I thought to myself. My hands ran through my hair as thoughts run in my brain.

"Captain? Why aren't you in your uniform?" she asked as I forgot what I was thinking. "I won't be staying long here." I smiled. She then looked at me confusingly. Before she could speak I already went outside and head on the field.

s o c c e r  f i e l d

We sat down at the bench as the team gathered for the break. The managers gave them water and towels.

"Captain, why are you not in uniform." David asked, one of the member, defender. "I won't be staying long here." I replied.

I stood up and took my captain armband and gave it to Lucy. She widened her eyes in surprise. She was staring at it whether to take it or not. "From now on, Lucy will be your captain." I announced.

"But captain, I can't accept it." she insisted. "It's for the good of team Raven Light." I smiled as she took it. "My father transferred me back at Japan. I hate to say that it'll be hard for you to play without me. Therefore I'm your only chance. Promise me that you'll be nice with her, and continue to play soccer without me." I smiled. The team hugged me and I cried so hard. They let go.

"Gosh, I'll miss you so much everyone." I said as I wiped my tears. "Captain, I'll pass you the team. Look after them and guide everyone in victory and fairness." she cried even more.

"C-Captain." she cried as I wipe her tears. "Hey, you are the captain now. Stop crying. I'll be going back, alright? Don't lose hope, think that I'll be there in your side, guiding you as your friend. In every challenges you take, I'll be by your side." I smiled and hugged her. I cried on her shoulder and so does she, how painful to leave your team. It's so hard.

a i r p o r t

"I'll miss you so much, mom." I hugged her. Tears forming in my eyes as I don't want leave them. "Especially you, you spoiled brat." I hugged my little sister. "Onee-chan, can I come with you?" she asked. "I'm sorry, Yanada. But it's just me who have to ride for a while." I said and she pouted cutely.

"I'll miss you too, Yanoto. Please look after them okay? I'll be gone for a while. You're the only one that I can trust. Also, help mom with the households and take care of Yanada, alright?" he nodded and hugged me tightly.

I turn to face my team and hugged them one by one. "It was nice playing with you all, Raven Light." I saw everyone cried. "Captain." I called out and hugged her and let go. "Until then, I'm looking forward to play with you again." I smiled. Tears forming to my eyes as it started to roll down to my cheeks. I hugged mom one more time and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I waved at them, turning my back against them. As I was walking, I stopped my tracks in front of the big giant glass door, tears started to roll down to my cheeks rapidly.

I ran back and hugged mom tightly. "Y-Yana." she hugged back as everyone cried and wiping their tears away. "I-I can't do this." I cried. "You have to." I let go. "But I can't." I cried.

"You can, I know you can. I'm here, we're all here to support you, alright?" she said reassuringly. I waved my last goodbye and ride the plane.
——————————
Chapter 1 complete! Hope you like it!
(Disclaimer: I do not own Inazuma Eleven Go characters and everyone here. Enjoy!)
Stay safe!
– dawnennairam