『 C H A P T E R 1 4 』

S A K U R A  Y A N A
It's 3:27 in the morning, I sat up. The duel will start before the sun goes up. I see everyone still asleep beside me. I carefully took Shindou's arm away and put it beside him, not wanting to wake him up.

I get ready and wore my checkered long sleeved polo and tacked it into my jeans. I walked to the study table in the room and write letters to every person I dedicated to.

I was done writing the letter and woke them up. I told them to get ready, and we went to the riverbank early just to cherish my last day with them. Who knows? I might die or not die here.

"Shindou-senpai, Sakura-senpai." A light voice called from behind as we turn around. "Tenma?!" Shindou called as the team followed.

Who called them here in such an early time? It's not good for their health. WHO CALLED THEM?!

"I called them." Nii-san said. I then turn to him. "Why?!" I exclaimed. "To witness your duel." He replied. "D-did you tell okaa-san?" I trembled. He then shook his head to my relief. "I'm afraid she'll stop you and sacrifice herself instead." He said. "How wise." I quoted and he just sweat dropped.

"Sakura-chan!" Haruna-sensei called as she ran towards me. "Haru–" I was cut by receiving an embrace from her. I couldn't move an inch, it's like she's telling me not to do this. I won't do it if we escaped them safely.

She then let go of the embrace and looked deeply in my brown orbs. "I... I cannot just lose you, can I?" She asked and I smiled at her. "You would never lose me, Haruna-sensei ." I say smiling at her. "But this is the only way."

S H I N D O U T A K U T O

"Yana." I called her and she turned. "I don't think you should really do this." I say as I was about to cry. "Hey, I promise I will win this. No matter what the cause is, I will win this especially for you." She said and hugged me.

When she let go, without any hesitation I kissed her but it didn't last long. We pulled back tears formed in her eyes. "Remember, I love you more than you know." She then kissed my forehead.

She was already gone in my sight but she's far from me now.

S A K U R A  Y A N A

I then stood in my place.

Let the ten duel commandments begin...

1. The challenge, the main satisfaction if they apologize no need for further action.

No one should apologize. No one...

2. If they don't, grab a friend that's your second.

Nii-san act as my second.

3. Have your seconds meet face to face.

Nii-san and his mother will negotiate in peace. Who knows what are they talking about.

4. If they don't get reach peace, that's alright. Time to get some pistols and a doctor on site.

Nii-san gave me the gun and the doctor that nii-san asked to Kidou-kantoku just stood near.

5. Duel before the sun is in the sky. Pick a place to die where it's high and dry.

Duel the sun is in the sky...

6. Leave a note for your next of kin. Tell 'em where you been. Pray that hell or heaven lets you in.

I gave him the letter I wrote before I woke them up.

7. Confess your sins. Ready for the moment of adrenaline when you finally face your opponent.

Pray for forgiveness.

8. Your last chance to negotiate. Send in your seconds, see if they can set the record straight.

Once again, they will try to change each other's mind. I can already hear them shouting at each other. "No, this is her decision, and I believe in her!" He yelled. "You better get ready!" Her mother yelled back. Yeah... maybe that didn't worked out.

9. Look 'em in the eye, aim no higher. Summon all the courage you require.

Then count!

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

Number 10 paces!

FIRE!

I then turn around quickly and shoot at the side. But he was just about to raise his gun.

And that's where I started regretting my decision.

I killed my father...

S H I N D O U T A K U T O

I was crying the whole time, praying to the gods not to take her away from me. I covered my eyes as the gunshot was heard. I removed my hands and see her gun was aiming at her father, but then I looked at her father. My soon-to-be-father-in-law is lifelessly laying on the ground.

She put her arm down, dropped the gun and went over to her father laying on the ground with his eyes wide open. She closed his eyes mumbled beneath her breath. "Kento! No, no, no, don't die!" Her wife cried and turned to Yana as she stood.

"You, this is all your fault! He's your father and you challenged your own father! Look what have you done to him!" The woman exclaimed. "So might as well done!" Yana retorted. "You do not talk back to me like that! I am your mother-"

PAK

Yana slapped her hard as if she's punching a hard rock.

"You were never been my mother."

——————————————
Heeey I'm back I'm sorry if it took weeks or days for me to update this book. I'm about to finish this book and edit. Maybe I'll be putting my ocs' full information as well. So that means it will take time for me to draw the ocs.

Anyways stay safe byeeee!
– dawnennairam_