Chapter 1: The Demon

In the time of Edo, in Kyoto, the war to overthrow the Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan...

A woman with black hair lifts a baby up while playing with him.

"Who's the cutest baby ever?" She continues to raise him up as he smiled at her.

"Careful Maggie he might puke on your pretty little face." Says a man leaning on a tree watching her from behind.

"Yeah and we don't want that now do we?" Agrees the man sitting beside him.

"Don't you 2 have anything better to do then stare at my ass?"

"Uh... Well... This is more fun."

"Now now Akiko... Are you sure you want to lean on that tree? You wouldn't want to break it now would you?" Maggie sticks her tongue out.

"What did you say?!"

"Haha! She always knows how to piss you off." Kuniko falls off laughing. 

"Shut it Kuniko! You have a beer belly too!"

"Hey! You can't keep me away from my beer."

"Then we question ourselves why we are broke." Maggie sighs.

"Yeah well..." Akiko and Kuniko scratch their head.

"Dada." The baby looks at them and smiles.

"He will grow to be a prodigy just like his father." They all look at the baby as he was happy in Maggie's hands.

"But his big brother... Is another story entirely." *Shows a shadowy kid holding a sword.*

"To be such a monster with a sword at such a young age."

"Yeah but Akiko you know his father forbids him to touch a sword now." Says Maggie.

"He had no choice. When your own little kid can beat you in a dual... It's just bad. He beat his masters at the age of 7. Instead of banning the use of a sword, if he trains him and all he could end wars alone."

"Is he that good?" Asks Maggie while being very curious.

"Yeah. It's a shame..." Says Akiko while shaking his head.

"That kid with a sword... He is something else. A demon maybe..." Kuniko gets up. "Come on let's go."

"Yeah but... Let me tell you. He will never use his sword for a cause that is bad. I know him a lot but my sister Ashley... She knows him very well and tells me tha the will never ever be bad. He is too much of a good kid and can't even hurt or even kill an ant if he has the chance.

Meanwhile, A Yakuza general was running under the rain as he was being chased. 

"He's going to kill me! Someone help! Anyone!?!" He continues running towards his house. He hears nothing but the rain but can't help feel like someone is still chasing him.

"Where is everyone?! Why is there nobody outside! Could it be... That... They are... All... He reaches his house and blasts through his doors hitting them with his shoulder. He closes the door locking it and goes on his knees to catch his breath.

"Where is everyone?" He steps back up and sees nothing but darkness. The lights were all off. He gulps and takes a step forwards. He looks around and hears nothing so he continues to walk inside slowly and very cautious. He hears nothing but the rain as the whole house was quiet. He walks inside more and sees a foot sticking out of the next room with blood on the wall. Suddenly thunder hits right next to his house scaring him. He froze there staring at that leg while not moving a muscle.